Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have experience shooting a Remington 770? If so what caliber? How did it shoot? The more details the better ple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here have experience shooting a Remington 770? If so what caliber? How did it shoot? The more details the better ple

Does anyone here have experience shooting a Remington 770? If so what caliber? How did it shoot? The more details the better please.

I own a Remington 770 and i love it. Im not an experienced hunter but it will definitely get the job done. I made the mistake and got it in 300 win mag and its a little much for deer. The only complain i had was it wasnt bore sighted but hey i wont complain i got to shoot the gun some more. Great bang for your buck tho

Comment

i saw it as a pretty cheap gun. a relative of mine owns it in a 270. the bolt isn't smooth at all. the trigger was a little tough. i didn't like the clip either. just holding the gun, it felt wrong. i wouldn't recommend it. it's basically a cheap gun. you're better off saving your money and buying a 900 dollar gun rather than a 300.

Comment

I recently purchased the 30-06. The bolt action was a little stiff at first but after repeatedly opening and closing it and some gun oil, it is fine now. I took it out to the range recently and it only took 9 shots to get it sighted in perfectly. It has quite a kick to it so don't get your face up too close to the scope when you shoot it! No problems so far. It seems to be a good gun for the price.

Comment

I definitely love it and I recommend for you to have it!!!

Comment

I own a Remington 770 in 308 caliber and couldn't be happier. I have seen comments knocking the 770 but they are from people who don't own then and are comparing them to higher priced rifles. For the price this gun does exactly what it is supposed to do. Great accuracy and fun go shoot. I am looking to get another one in 243 caliber.

Comment

I bought a 770 for my son in 7mm-08, I had my eye on a higher end rifle but he loved the look of this one.. After cleaning it and shooting it, here are my thoughts. the gun was sticky off the shelf, a proper cleaning and oiling fixed this, the bolt is smooth now and the gun feels good to me, gun fit and balance is all relative to who holds the gun, one gun does not fit every one. The scope is a cheap Bushnell Sharpshooter Scope but to my surprise did OK at the range. The action on mine 7mm-08 should be a short action but its actually just the same as the long actions with a different clip that has a spacer in it. If you buy anything other than 243, 308, 7mm-08 then it won't matter. My son really could care less about short or long actions so for him it does not matter. Its a bit heavier than other bolts but this helps with recoil so to me 1 extra pound only helps. At the range 50 yards shot half inch groups, 100 yards more like 2-3 inch groups but ammo, scope, shooter, all contribute to this so to say its the gun is VERY premature. Over all I am VERY happy with the gun after shooting 40-50 rounds through it and for the price is a great buy. This gun would really make a great gun for toting through the brush instead of a 900.00 dollar model 700. Great Buy for the price..

Comment

Sorry gunner221
                I own one of these pile of craps in the 300 mag along with many other rifles and if this gun were to fall out the back of my trucks bed and I seen it I would just keep on going and feel sorry for the one who found it. Come to think of it I think I would rather drive an old chevy vaga then claim that I own a 770, at lease I can show some class with the vaga then showing off the 770 hunk of junk that even remington don't even want back for free.

Comment

Oldbearbait You dont like it so much, ill give you my adress you can just send it my way.

Comment

Dear Old Bear Bait,
                    I've got a couple young boys just approaching hunting age and if you want to off load that rifle, maybe we could work out a deal. Let me know.

Comment

Okay...As long as I can remember my grandfather taught me the art of marksmanship; keep your focus on the target, relax, breathe and slowly pull the trigger. These are basics that every marksman should know. I own a 770 in 30.06 and have no complaints about it. Granted I have done a few modifications to it such as adding a new scope and lightening the trigger pull. At the range I am able to get .5" to 1" groupings at 100-yards. So I say this to all those who continue to downgrade the 770; Go out and buy a high dollar gun and match grade ammo. If you do not have a basic understanding of ballistics and marksmanship you will be all over the place. The 770 is a good gun for the money. Marksmanship; the shooter not the gun is the name of the game. For those of you who don't like your 770's, its very simple; get rid of them and stop complaining.

Comment

..I just recently bought the Rem 770 in a 30-06...not impressed with the scope, but I like the rifle...not as nice as my 700 270, but still I like shooting the 770... I bore sighted it and zeroed it in with 18 rounds... so far it's shooting very accurately. I just ordered a Nikon Prostaff 3X9X40 scope from amazon.com for $120....I think it will make an excellent hunting rifle with the new scope on it....Tom

Comment

Just picked up the Remington 770 rifle/scope combo in 308 as a gift for a relative. I own Weatherby and other manufacture's rifles. Yes the bolt was a little sticky,and the trigger could use an adjustment. The scope is OK, it was off level (so much for the factory bore site ). We leveled the scope, grabbed a box of Winchester Supreme Elite Ammunition 308 Winchester 150 Grain XP3. We were shooting sub one inch groups in less than five minutes, at 100 yards. There is nothing wrong with this rifle. This is a very good rifle for the price. I agree with Steve C if you are having trouble with accuracy its not the rifle. Sure you can buy lots of other rifles for a lot more money, but WHAT FOR ? I'm purchasing another one.....as a gift to errico.

Comment

I just got a 770 for Christmas in 30-06, and it shot a 1 inch group at 100 yards with the rifle resting on a box. The bolt wants to hit the round in the magazine when I try to cycle it back, but with a firm pull it will cycle. Just don't try to be Lee harvey Oswald and pump 3 rounds at a moving target. Bushnell scope is surprisingly clear, I am happy with it so far. I even tried to shoot it unsupported and got 2 rounds 4" from center, which is still good enough to kill a deer at 100 yards.

Comment

I bought a Rem.770 a year ago and had no trouble at all. I shot about 1750 rounds of hand loaded bullets at targets only. 1/4" groups at 100 yds. 3/8" groups at 200 yds. Bullets ars loaded with 4831sc powder
                              and sierra matchkings.Stainless steel rifle has a mussell brake ,shot off a lead sled on a concrete bench. 135grain sierra, 4831sc powder, 5 shot groups.
                              sandfly

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad