X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosy powerful pistols in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgFxgTvmE0w

Go for it!
    Last edited by 99explorer; 07-21-2022, 08:27 PM.

Ernie's custom bolt action pistols will rival or beat anything in this video. Apparently they limited the pistols in the video to auto-loader, revolver and break-action. By adding bolt action pistols, you can shoot about any center fire cartridge you care to shoot... and in a repeating style action.

I don't encounter polar bears or charging elephants so I'm happy with my .44 Mag. The biggest game I've shot with it is a 325 pound Russian boar. It had no perceptible shock effect but ultimately killed the boar. All shots on that boar penetrated completely but none knocked it down. The first shot was between the eyes at 20 yards, the second was broadside through just ahead of the diaphragm at 70 yards and the third was broadside through the heart at 5 yards. On the heart shot, there was no indication he was hit until after about 20 seconds when he collapsed.

Comment

Then there was the Mars pistol from 1900, then the undisputed giant among handguns.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/ear...-fairfax-mars/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad