Shadow systems mr920 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow systems mr920 9mm

So I bought the pistol a couple of months ago. It’s a Gucci Glock. It’s an American made version of the Glock 19 with most of the upgrades that everyone does to the g19. Well I finally got it to the range the other day.

It is my new carry pistol. It takes Glock 19 or 17 mags a big plus in my book. It comes with magpul mags. Single dot nite sight green dot. I shout single dot sights extremely well. It did not disappoint.

i prefer 1911 triggers but the striker fire trigger in this gun isn’t horrible.

i ran cheap steel case ammo because if it will function with garbage then good stuff shouldn’t be a problem and it worked fine with both.

All shots were about 10 yards at a 10 inch self sealing swinging target.

It ran fine no hiccups and I was surprised at how well i shot it. The first mag was just getting used to the gun.

After that I went at half speed for a couple of mags. Then went full speed double taps and mag swaps on the fly.

It performed flawlessly. And it is a very accurate pistol for me. I was surprised how neat and clean the double taps were.

It was worth 800 bucks in my opinion. My wife even noticed how well it shot. She said I don’t think you missed once even on the double taps. I could keep the target pinned back on mag dumps. I run the everliving dog snot out of a new pistol before I start carrying it. I only give it a courtesy cleaning then run the heck out it and clean the heck out of it then carry.

anyways if you get chance to check one out and try it give one a whirl.
    Btw it’s loaded with speer law man hollow points. It runs and shoots them well. And magpul mags are about 17 bucks out the door most places half the price of Glock mags. I already have 7 mags for it. And I’m going to keep accumulating more mags and probably only buy 9mm pistols from now on.

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    So I bought the pistol a couple of months ago. It’s a Gucci Glock. It’s an American made version of the Glock 19 with most of the upgrades that everyone does to the g19. Well I finally got it to the range the other day.

It is my new carry pistol. It takes Glock 19 or 17 mags a big plus in my book. It comes with magpul mags. Single dot nite sight green dot. I shout single dot sights extremely well. It did not disappoint.

i prefer 1911 triggers but the striker fire trigger in this gun isn’t horrible.

i ran cheap steel case ammo because if it will function with garbage then good stuff shouldn’t be a problem and it worked fine with both.

All shots were about 10 yards at a 10 inch self sealing swinging target.

It ran fine no hiccups and I was surprised at how well i shot it. The first mag was just getting used to the gun.

After that I went at half speed for a couple of mags. Then went full speed double taps and mag swaps on the fly.

It performed flawlessly. And it is a very accurate pistol for me. I was surprised how neat and clean the double taps were.

It was worth 800 bucks in my opinion. My wife even noticed how well it shot. She said I don’t think you missed once even on the double taps. I could keep the target pinned back on mag dumps. I run the everliving dog snot out of a new pistol before I start carrying it. I only give it a courtesy cleaning then run the heck out it and clean the heck out of it then carry.

anyways if you get chance to check one out and try it give one a whirl.
    Btw it’s loaded with speer law man hollow points. It runs and shoots them well. And magpul mags are about 17 bucks out the door most places half the price of Glock mags. I already have 7 mags for it. And I’m going to keep accumulating more mags and probably only buy 9mm pistols from now on.
    Thanks for sharing.

I carry a Berretta 92 (9 mm ) most of the time .
    What is the magazine limit in the state you live in? Here in my state it's 10 rounds.

Never heard of a Gucci Glock.
    I have shot standard Glocks and they seem like a very good tool .

Comment

No limit in my state red state. Gucci Glock refers to all the upgrades and money spent on them. Upgraded barrel night sight enlarged beaver tail better grip stippling better trigger. Trigger guard undercut. Vastly improved ergonomics. It’s a shooter and I’m not a fan of striker fire. When I get dressed and feel fancy I carry a gentleman’s gun my 1911 lol!
      Last edited by Milldawg; 01-08-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Is this the Gucci Glock?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
          Is this the Gucci Glock?

Yes but I don’t rely on optics and a light is just a bulls eye for some one

Comment

Yes but I don’t rely on optics and a light is just a bulls eye for some one
            Are you having trouble finding ammo in your state ? Here it's like winning the lottery if you find a box of 30/06
            You can get limited supply of 9 mm or 223.

When I'm on the treadmill I listen to gun talk podcast and they had federal ammunition representative on. They were announcing a new caliber called 30 super.
            Why ? Maybe they should concentrate on making ammo for common calibers more available first.
            Last edited by Danbo; 01-15-2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Are you having trouble finding ammo in your state ? Here it's like winning the lottery if you find a box of 30/06
              You can get limited supply of 9 mm or 223.

When I'm on the treadmill I listen to gun talk podcast and they had federal ammunition representative on. They were announcing a new caliber called 30 super.
              Why ? Maybe they should concentrate on making ammo for common calibers more available first.
              The original cartridge designation for the .300 H&H (Holland and Holland) was "Holland's Super .30".
              The .300 H&H was the first "magnum" cartridge that actually required a belted case. There is no pronounced shoulder on the cartridge.

NOTE: from my interesting file of useless information! 😉

Comment

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/01/06...30-super-carry

Comment

F&S has story about the Super 30 on the main site. The "new and improver" 9mm. And I agree. Why mess with something new when you can't keep up with the existing?

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                    F&S has story about the Super 30 on the main site. The "new and improver" 9mm. And I agree. Why mess with something new when you can't keep up with the existing?
                    I don't subscribe to the main site .
                    I replaced my field and stream and outdoor life with game and fish and a fur fish and game subscription.

I refuse to pay to read something online.

Sorry for the drift dawg.

Does anybody else carry a Glock ?

Comment

I don't subscribe to the main site .
                      I replaced my field and stream and outdoor life with game and fish and a fur fish and game subscription.

I refuse to pay to read something online.

Sorry for the drift dawg.

Does anybody else carry a Glock ?
                      I have the Glock 22, .40cal. It is stock and I shoot o.k. with it. If anything I would go for the 'New York Trigger'. I practice on the Strikman Laser System and once you get used to the trigger it feels good. Tyler Freel of Outdoor Life has made radical changes to his 10mm all in making it fit better - maybe with a glove.

Comment

Yes finding it on store shelves is difficult. So buy every box I can lay my hands on now. Same thing I do with consumables for my business I’m going broke stacking inventory on the shelf and it’s 1/15/2021

Comment

Yes finding it on store shelves is difficult. So buy every box I can lay my hands on now. Same thing I do with consumables for my business I’m going broke stacking inventory on the shelf and it’s 1/15/2021
                          Same problem at my work place, and trying to hire a person is almost impossible. If we get a decent guy in for an interview he ends up failing drug test.

One rush job a customer wanted in a month.
                          We couldn't get the materials in that time frame.
                          Now we stock a whole lot of product hoping it gets ordered.

Comment

Same problem at my work place, and trying to hire a person is almost impossible. If we get a decent guy in for an interview he ends up failing drug test.

One rush job a customer wanted in a month.
                            We couldn't get the materials in that time frame.
                            Now we stock a whole lot of product hoping it gets ordered.
                            Don’t get me started on hiring someone. I may have to quit my job and come home to help run the business. But the bright side to that is if I do that I’m going to expand since I will be home everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I have the Glock 22, .40cal. It is stock and I shoot o.k. with it. If anything I would go for the 'New York Trigger'. I practice on the Strikman Laser System and once you get used to the trigger it feels good. Tyler Freel of Outdoor Life has made radical changes to his 10mm all in making it fit better - maybe with a glove.
                              Is that your edc ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Dirty Thirty
                                by FirstBubba
                                Fuel prices these days Ernie, and I can't even get out of sight! LOL! 😜...
                                Today, 08:22 AM
                              • The Dirty Thirty
                                by Ernie
                                This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
                                Yesterday, 12:55 PM
                              • Reply to Why is the Biden influenced oil market so high?
                                by FirstBubba
                                I don't see how we (America) can survive this onslaught of liberalism.....and if it does, I don't think a full recovery is possible. America will bear...
                                Today, 08:12 AM
                              • Why is the Biden influenced oil market so high?
                                by labrador12
                                Brandon's closing the oil market to oil from Alaska, the Oil Sands of Alberta, and The Gulf of Mexico has litterally taken multiple billions of extractable...
                                Yesterday, 02:32 PM
                              • Reply to The Dirty Thirty
                                by DakotaMan
                                I'm VERY impressed Ernie! I can see that although it was a take-off barrel, it was a good one. That is also a beautiful job on the finish. Was this an...
                                Today, 08:09 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X