Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York's status as a "may issue" state for concealed carry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York's status as a "may issue" state for concealed carry.

New York judge's gun permit denials trigger big U.S. Supreme Court case.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-judges-g...100000811.html

My wife, a NRA certified handgun instructor and safety officer trainer for IDPA, was denied repeated attempts for a unrestricted permit in Oswego County. That was despite Le's and a County Judge as character witnesses. Some counties its just impossible to get a permit until a new Judge comes along. Capricious and Arbitrary is a good description of the limitation of a basic human right.

Comment

Many years ago, when I applied for a concealed carry permit in Westchester County, New York, I had to give the names of three character witnesses.
      They all received a letter asking what they knew about my familiarity with firearms. Nothing about my character. I lucked out because my three witnesses called and asked me to furnish the answer, which I did.
      I received a "restricted" permit for hunting and target shooting only.

Comment

My wife and I finally left NY and moved to Pa. As soon as we were able to establish residency we both received unrestricted carry permits. It took about a half an hour and cost $20. Good for five years. No fingerprints, no witnesses, no classroom training. Shall issue to citizens in good standing. The way it was ment to be.

Comment

Just like it was before we had hunter safety courses.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad