X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

This thread was about wildcats and I have shot about 8000 rounds of 25-06 improved. Don't worry... you have a real winer ad will do just fine with that. Just keep pulling the trigger.
    If can find some time and ammo I will.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Obviously the gentleman who wrote the list has no taste. I didn’t see one mention of the 25-06. It’s 2021 I’m offended to my core. I feel excluded and looked down upon.
    This thread was about wildcats and I have shot about 8000 rounds of 25-06 improved. Don't worry... you have a real winer ad will do just fine with that. Just keep pulling the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Critical Cartridge Theory

Pure gold right there.

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

It's "cartridge privilege"!

It's a 2021?
    Does this mean you now support "Green Energy" and have latent tendencies to vote a (D) ticket? 😉
    No tendencies on this end. Obviously he never was taught CCT. Critical Cartridge Theory. What the struggle must be like to live in today’s world and not enlightened to everyone’s feelings but your own.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Obviously the gentleman who wrote the list has no taste. I didn’t see one mention of the 25-06. It’s 2021 I’m offended to my core. I feel excluded and looked down upon.
    It's "cartridge privilege"!

It's a 2021?
    Does this mean you now support "Green Energy" and have latent tendencies to vote a (D) ticket? 😉

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied
    You guys can have your 45-70, 45-90's, etc...I am recoil sensitive

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter

I liked it too...

.45-70 Government
    You sir, were born a century too late. You find solace in a fat, stubby, fire hydrant of a cartridge that throws projectiles larger than the batteries for the remote control. You have a serious man-crush on Yosemite Sam. When you shave that tiny part of your face that doesn’t sport facial hair, you finish with “Looking good, pardner.” The Cleveland Indians mascot makes you reach for your fetchin’-iron, and you don’t mind carrying enough lead in your cartridge belt to make your pants drop at light speed. Oh, you can also work a lever action with your feet.
    PH... you have outdone yourself on this one. It makes me want to hustle out and buy a 45-70.

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied

For sure!

I didn’t mean cut out any length. Lol

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    How long does it whistle after you pull the trigger? 🤣

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I once saw a .50 bmg necked down to a .22 hanging on a back bar.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Where do you get .296 bullets ?
    matrix Bullets
    Now the guy here who developed the caliber as a bullet press and is making them. The interest in it has pretty much died out now

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Let make a 6.5 A.C.K.. Take a .50bmg case neck it down to take 6.5 projectiles. Then you have the 6.5 Across the County Killer.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernie View Post
    No, I don't make bullets.
    Fed match primers have worked great with the 7mm Dakota and the 26 Nosler (85.5 grains of Reloader 33 with a 147 grain bullet) in temperatures below freezing with absolutely no problem.
    We have even shot my F-TR rifle (308 Winchester with a small match primer/Lapua Palma brass) in sub zero weather at 600 and 1000 yards with no problems.
    Not a issue
    Where do you get .296 bullets ?

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Forgot to mention, I also shoot a 6mm Dasher which is still a wildcat. I'm shooting a custom chamber that supports a no-turn neck, a .017" longer case neck than the common Dasher, a freebore designed for the bullets I shoot to sit just right in the case and finally, a shallower lead to the rifling to reduce pressure and improve bullet concentricity. It is a shooter in 600 and 1000 yard competition. I really enjoy that rifle. It shoots where I aim in calm conditions. I just need to learn reading wind and atmospheric conditions even better to keep up with it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Scopes
    by dewman
    Who makes the part is irrelevant. Outsourcing is the norm. It's in the assembly where quality is determined and the components are given the thumbs up/down....
    Today, 07:19 AM
  • Scopes
    by FirstBubba
    There was a time, a Weaver, Lyman, Redfield or Leopold scope was a goal every rifleman sought.
    Burris, Bushnell, Tasco and Nikon were considered...
    05-24-2022, 08:49 PM
  • Reply to Scopes
    by jhjimbo
    Truth be told there are probably only a hand full of scope manufacturers who then private label for others. Many do not even make all the parts for the...
    Today, 05:51 AM
  • Reply to Primaries in PA and GA
    by jhjimbo
    Who is She?...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Primaries in PA and GA
    by rock rat
    They are soon, next week and the week after I'm thinking. The two Trump candidates aren't very Trumpy in my view. Dr Oz would be a better fit with the...
    05-12-2022, 08:08 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X