Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
    No, I don't make bullets.
    Fed match primers have worked great with the 7mm Dakota and the 26 Nosler (85.5 grains of Reloader 33 with a 147 grain bullet) in temperatures below freezing with absolutely no problem.
    We have even shot my F-TR rifle (308 Winchester with a small match primer/Lapua Palma brass) in sub zero weather at 600 and 1000 yards with no problems.
    Not a issue
    Where do you get .296 bullets ?

Comment

Let make a 6.5 A.C.K.. Take a .50bmg case neck it down to take 6.5 projectiles. Then you have the 6.5 Across the County Killer.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Where do you get .296 bullets ?
        matrix Bullets
        Now the guy here who developed the caliber as a bullet press and is making them. The interest in it has pretty much died out now

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
          I once saw a .50 bmg necked down to a .22 hanging on a back bar.

Comment

How long does it whistle after you pull the trigger? 🤣

Comment

For sure!

I didn’t mean cut out any length. Lol

Comment

I liked it too...

.45-70 Government
                You sir, were born a century too late. You find solace in a fat, stubby, fire hydrant of a cartridge that throws projectiles larger than the batteries for the remote control. You have a serious man-crush on Yosemite Sam. When you shave that tiny part of your face that doesn’t sport facial hair, you finish with “Looking good, pardner.” The Cleveland Indians mascot makes you reach for your fetchin’-iron, and you don’t mind carrying enough lead in your cartridge belt to make your pants drop at light speed. Oh, you can also work a lever action with your feet.
                PH... you have outdone yourself on this one. It makes me want to hustle out and buy a 45-70.

Comment

You guys can have your 45-70, 45-90's, etc...I am recoil sensitive

Comment

Obviously the gentleman who wrote the list has no taste. I didn’t see one mention of the 25-06. It’s 2021 I’m offended to my core. I feel excluded and looked down upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                      Obviously the gentleman who wrote the list has no taste. I didn’t see one mention of the 25-06. It’s 2021 I’m offended to my core. I feel excluded and looked down upon.
                      It's "cartridge privilege"!

It's a 2021?
                      Does this mean you now support "Green Energy" and have latent tendencies to vote a (D) ticket? 😉

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

It's "cartridge privilege"!

It's a 2021?
                        Does this mean you now support "Green Energy" and have latent tendencies to vote a (D) ticket? 😉
                        No tendencies on this end. Obviously he never was taught CCT. Critical Cartridge Theory. What the struggle must be like to live in today’s world and not enlightened to everyone’s feelings but your own.

Comment

Critical Cartridge Theory

Pure gold right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                            This thread was about wildcats and I have shot about 8000 rounds of 25-06 improved. Don't worry... you have a real winer ad will do just fine with that. Just keep pulling the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

This thread was about wildcats and I have shot about 8000 rounds of 25-06 improved. Don't worry... you have a real winer ad will do just fine with that. Just keep pulling the trigger.
                              If can find some time and ammo I will.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad