X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Don’t forget the Remington plant at lonaoke ar was offline for a while and at reduced capacity for a long time.
    'dawg, "The dog ate my homework." only works so many times.
    I'm tired of "excuses".
    I want "reasons".
    "They're buying it faster than we can make it!"
    "We can't get the materials we need to make "_________" from our suppliers!"
    Gov't regulations on "_____" is reducing our capacity to manufacture "_______"!"

I would wager a dime against a rolling donut hole, if you dig far enough and deep enough, you'll find that the (d)'s have passed some environmental laws against the production/mining of some essential ingredient in ammo production.
    It just all stinks to high heaven!
    Just like the "lead ban"!
    Lead bullet fragments in gut piles almost wiped out the California condor, but since Texas became a state (1848), lead fragments in gut piles have not affected the "turkey vultures" and I can guarantee they eat "gut piles" too!
    Just ho look up the necropsies they've performed on dead Condor chicks. It'll blow your mind what the parents feed them.
    Glass, nails, screws, wire and all sorts of other junk.
    Condors also feed at garbage dumps where they can pick up all sorts of chemical waste, but Californicate doesn't ban garbage dumps.

Here I am on my soapbox again! Sorry folks!

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Don’t forget the Remington plant at lonaoke ar was offline for a while and at reduced capacity for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

I guess Bubba, that would rather negate finding it in the first place LOL. So the $30 price is at least saved eh ? Is the availability of ammo a matter of price fixing, supply and demand due to so many new gun owners all buying ammo, hoarding, or are other factors contributing to the issue ?
    Number one, bhr, is me not needing to be so persnickety! LOL!
    Thirty a box wasn't that far out of lin.

As for all those other factors, who knows? I dont think we'll ever actually find out nor do I think it will ever improve. ☹

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    I seldom shoot my AR's due to ammo cost anymore! LOL!
    I did find some 6.8mm ammo yesterday, but it was $30/bx and the wrong bullet weight.
    I guess Bubba, that would rather negate finding it in the first place LOL. So the $30 price is at least saved eh ? Is the availability of ammo a matter of price fixing, supply and demand due to so many new gun owners all buying ammo, hoarding, or are other factors contributing to the issue ?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I seldom shoot my AR's due to ammo cost anymore! LOL!
    I did find some 6.8mm ammo yesterday, but it was $30/bx and the wrong bullet weight.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied
    My point exactly.
    When I think about costs, I think about not just the gun itself, but an optic, brass, dies, bullets, etc. kind of a package deal.
    I cannot imagine the cost of feeding that weapon though.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernie View Post
    More money than I would be willing to pay.
    But it is not shoulder fired...
    Neither are your "Frankenpistols"!

To heck with the cost of the gun, can you imagine the cost of feeding that hummer!?
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-22-2021, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied
    More money than I would be willing to pay.
    But it is not shoulder fired...

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    started a topic Fun Gun - to shoot!

Fun Gun - to shoot!

This is pretty awesome.
    Wonder what one costs?
    What do you think the range is on this one, Ernie?

https://youtu.be/vnmV_uyleO8
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-21-2021, 09:24 PM.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad