Finally got some range time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got some range time.

Finally took 2 hours this morning and took my 2 oldest grandsons shooting.

we had a blast.

quick recap.
    ruger wrangler. It’s fun not very accurate 1 rough hole in the cylinder. Needs polishing.
    10.5 ar pistol I built. It ran like a champ 15 round mag dump.
    sig sauer Romeo5 was not working so just a function check we will see how good sigs warranty really is.
    grandsons other PawPaw bought them .410s last year.
    1 rock island it worked fine ugly as sin.
    the other one was a Rossi I think my son i law didn’t clean it first and the firing pin wouldn’t even strike the primer.
    the marlin model 60 ran like a champ lol!
    i took all .22s it was a trip for them to shoot and me to spend time with them.

no eye bugging groups or ground breaking news.

Just us men and young men having fun.

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Finally took 2 hours this morning and took my 2 oldest grandsons shooting.

we had a blast.

quick recap.
    ruger wrangler. It’s fun not very accurate 1 rough hole in the cylinder. Needs polishing.
    10.5 ar pistol I built. It ran like a champ 15 round mag dump.
    sig sauer Romeo5 was not working so just a function check we will see how good sigs warranty really is.
    grandsons other PawPaw bought them .410s last year.
    1 rock island it worked fine ugly as sin.
    the other one was a Rossi I think my son i law didn’t clean it first and the firing pin wouldn’t even strike the primer.
    the marlin model 60 ran like a champ lol!
    i took all .22s it was a trip for them to shoot and me to spend time with them.

no eye bugging groups or ground breaking news.

Just us men and young men having fun.
    That's great 'dawg! It's about time you (figuratively) let your hair down. LOL!

Comment

Good deal ‘dawg.

About how old are the boys these days, anywhere near being able to punch tags?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

That's great 'dawg! It's about time you (figuratively) let your hair down. LOL!
        thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          Good deal ‘dawg.

About how old are the boys these days, anywhere near being able to punch tags?
          Growing like weeds grandkids make you old fast lol! 8 and 7 !!!

And I think punching tags is a few years away. Maturity is not where I think it needs to be. Going along but not shooting is a possibility.

They don’t always mind on the first try and if you can’t do what I tell you the first time then I would be being irresponsible to let them handle firearms in a hunting situation in my opinion.

id rather wait a year or two or three or four what ever it takes to ensure we are all safe.

they do ok at the range because I’m on them like a hawk. And we had one trip last year that lasted all of 30 seconds. I lay everything on the tail gate to get organized. And when I turned around to check to see how my son in law was coming getting the targets set up I saw a hand out of the corner of my eye touching things they were told not to. They were warned you don’t touch firearms until you are told to by me or dad.

So their father and I ended the trip immediately and packed our stuff after the offending grandson got a reminder from his father to listen to what he’s told. The other one got a lesson for not telling on him immediately and not looking out for his brother since his brother was doing something dangerous. We are our brothers keepers. We instill very deeply that family ties are all that matter and brothers take care of each other no matter what.
          I don’t like to miss a teachable moment.

Anyways they did well this time.
          Last edited by Milldawg; 08-02-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Holy guacamole!
            by bowhunter75richard
            Another American gas and oil project has just been defeated with the apparent Willow Project being shut down. If and when we become dependent on foreign...
            Today, 08:18 AM
          • Holy guacamole!
            by FirstBubba
            Headed out this morning for a jaunt into Texas.
            Needed fuel, so stopped in a truck stop.
            YIKES!!!
            Diesel was $3.759/gal! We've been...
            10-19-2021, 08:04 PM
          • Reply to Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by labrador12
            I'm with you pmacc60. I can remember the Democrat Party when they were still Americans, proud of the Constitution as it was written. That was before they...
            Today, 08:14 AM
          • Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by FirstBubba
            Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) is considering stepping away from the (D) party!
            His plan is to register as an "independent" (I).
            That...
            Yesterday, 05:21 PM
          • Reply to Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by FirstBubba
            I'd like to see Manchin change party affiliation. Maybe we can eventually get Senima to change parties too. The (d)'s are giving her blue blazes because...
            Today, 08:13 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X