• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool gun

Cool gun Hickok 45 bought.

Does Hickok ever miss ?

Comment

Jim - Yes he does miss sometimes.

PH- I like it when he does old guns like this gun.

This should be more interesting than Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        I wouldn't mind having a double-action in .45 Colt if the right deal came along. I sold my single-action Ruger Vaquero last Summer. The .45 Colt is very potent and with it I killed several deer and pigs. Longest shot was 40 yards. Still have several hundred handloaded rounds but now with nothing chambered in the cartridge.

I like Hickok 45's videos. Thanks for posting.
        Lee Marvin had a service revolver in Death hunt.

Comment

That gun is a real powerhouse. Did he say the Model of Colt it is ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            That gun is a real powerhouse. Did he say the Model of Colt it is ?
            jimbo, that is the Colt New Service Royal Northwest Mounted Police .45 Colt
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-01-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_New_Service

Comment

Comment

Interesting danbo!
                  I went with the title Hickok used on his video. New Service Royal Northwest Mounted Police .45 Colt.
                  I note in your "wikipedia" link, they call it a M1909 and/or a M1917.
                  I'm wondering if the handgun Hickok is shooting was actually built "for" the RCMP and not just some random Colt M1909 or M1917?....or "New Service"?

Colt, for years, produced (and may still) a plain .38 Spl DA revolver they simply labeled a Colt "Police Positive". There may have been a commonly acknowledged model number for it, but I logged a buttload of them in and out of the store as just a Colt Police Positive.

....and "YES!", the handgun Hickok is shooting is "WAY" cool! I love those oldtimers like that!
                  Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-01-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

.45 said it was the Royal NW Mounted Police I think, now I remember the Royal was added and the number changed to the M1917. Earlier models did not have the Royal. I would like that one - looks like a sturdy one and all Colt triggers I have tried are all super slick. I have a 4 die Lyman 4 die set for the .45Colt - and no gun- booo.

Comment

One that age is either:
                      1) shot to rags πŸ™
                      2) a ball of rust and pits unfit to use 😫
                      3) in pieces in a shoebox where some self taught "gunsmith" did a number on it. πŸ˜–
                      4) or in pristine condition like Hickok's πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                        One that age is either:
                        1) shot to rags πŸ™
                        2) a ball of rust and pits unfit to use 😫
                        3) in pieces in a shoebox where some self taught "gunsmith" did a number on it. πŸ˜–
                        4) or in pristine condition like Hickok's πŸ˜ƒ
                        The gun Hickok has is not in pristine condition. In the video you can see the blueing is gone and he said there was a couple of pits in the barrel.

What I like about this gun is it was carried by a Mountie and it hasn't been refinished.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

The gun Hickok has is not in pristine condition. In the video you can see the blueing is gone and he said there was a couple of pits in the barrel.

What I like about this gun is it was carried by a Mountie and it hasn't been refinished.
                          Pretty much what I meant by "pristine". Too many guns that age are barely worth their weight as scrap. Just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Pretty much what I meant by "pristine". Too many guns that age are barely worth their weight as scrap. Just a fact.
                            I'm definitely going to enjoy shopping for one of these at gun shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I'm definitely going to enjoy shopping for one of these at gun shows.
                              I think that would definitely be a prize worth shopping for! πŸ˜ƒ!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad