Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	766575

Originally posted by dewman View Post
    Good people. Two thumbs up from me.👍👍 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2275.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	766575
    I don't buy their explanation. Does that mean you have to scrap all the other boxes you bought at the same time ? I have shot a lot of .22 and .22Mag much, much older than your M2 and never had a split. I bet from the amount of damage you got there was a double charge. JMO

Comment

JHJIMBO: Possible I guess but the fact is that for 15 or 16 yrs I have no clue how they were stored. Frankly I have no idea what went wrong.

Comment

Could have been just a fluke in that batch of brass.
        Who knows?
        Thanks for sharing dewman and "Kudos!" to CCI for their efforts.

Comment

That’s great dewman , it’s good to see a company stand behind it product and respect the customer. Good for you !

Comment

Good to see.

Comment

I’ll throw another $.02 in here.

CCI got back to Dewman quickly and took responsibility for that lot of ammo. Kudos to them. Even if it was a double charge the end result likely would have been exactly the same as far as paying for repairs and replacing the box of ammo.

The ammo is fairly old and there’s no telling what it’s been subjected to. If the worst thing that happens is disposing of perfectly good cartridges it’s a small price to pay to avoid having another kaboom with no telling what outcome.

I certainly wouldn’t want to hear “We told you so” from CCI after a second mishap.

Dewman’s handled this with class. Kudos to him as well.

Comment

JHJIMBO: Possible I guess but the fact is that for 15 or 16 yrs I have no clue how they were stored. Frankly I have no idea what went wrong.
                Just to satisfy my curiosity, where did you buy the ammo? A huge amount of hoarded stuff is coming to the market lately. Want ads and auctions are full of ammo from unknown sources, so the question of age and condition should be forefront.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

Just to satisfy my curiosity, where did you buy the ammo? A huge amount of hoarded stuff is coming to the market lately. Want ads and auctions are full of ammo from unknown sources, so the question of age and condition should be forefront.
                  Excellent point!!!

Comment

Where did you buy it? Lots of hoarded stuff is coming to the market lately. Want ads and auctions are full of ammo from unknown age and sources. It's a good idea to know the origin of the stuff you buy.

Comment

I think my machine has spun a bearing. Been acting goofy all day. This time it said error in post, so I thought nothing happened. Could be time for this thing to meet Mr. Tannerite.

Comment

Posted June26,2020 under 17hm2 stash found Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2276.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	766632

Comment

I remembered the post but wasn’t sure if the boxes in question were a part of that.

Are you going to ask what he knows about them?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            I remembered the post but wasn’t sure if the boxes in question were a part of that.

Are you going to ask what he knows about them?
                            Nope. He's 90+, I doubt if he'd remember even selling them to me. They weren't ALL bad. That was the next to last box of the CCI. When the new mag and mag well arrive I'll see if I have the cajones to bust open the Remingtons. (They were made in England by Eley).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad