Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.

Well it’s not fancy it’s beretta 950b .22 short. It’s the same type of pistol I learned to shoot a pistol with as wee lad. This one was passed to me from my fil it was his wife’s she bought it new in 1983. He still has the box and papers just has to find it to give it me. I was going to get for my birthday last year but my bil died a week before my birthday and he forgot. Anyways I gave him a little ruger .380 for the night stand much easier to use than the 12 gauge short barrel I gave him. Then he comes out and hands me this. He knew I wanted it for 15 years. It means the world to me. I assured him it will stay with his side of the family. And he said it doesn’t matter who you pass it to your family son. That means more than I can put into words. The little holster that it came with is an old smith and Wesson branded holster not valuable but neat. Just needs a good scrubbing and maybe a little polishing. He said he doesn’t think it’s been shot 50 times. Well I intend to shoot it a little. Then make a proper safe Queen of it until the boys are ready for it.
    Attached Files

Is that the one with the barrel that pops up in the back to load the first round?
    Knew a guy who had one. Always wanted to make an offer on it, I think he would have sold it.

Comment

Nice family heirloom to keep in the family.
      For leather I wash all my leather holsters in K-1. Soak them in clean K-1 and then let them drain and dry for a few days. Any odor disappears in time. Thing is it washes all the harsh tanning chemicals out of the leather which are what attacks the steel and blue of a firearm. The pic. is of my Colt Trooper III that has ben in this holster since about 1967. Absolutely perfect blue.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-21-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Trying to add pics. Two handguns have been in leather holsters that were soaked in K-1 and stored in holsters or carried for some 60 years.Colt is a 1965 vintage, Remington 51 .380 is 98 years old.

Comment

Yes it is Bubba. Nice rigs jimbo

Comment

That's awesome 'dawg.

What's the intended purpose for one of these? Self defense, vermin?

Curious as to accuracy and muzzle blast as well.

Neat gun.

Comment

It is the "epitome" of what's referred to as a "belly gun".

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                That's awesome 'dawg.

What's the intended purpose for one of these? Self defense, vermin?

Curious as to accuracy and muzzle blast as well.

Neat gun.
                Safe Queen. Made lots of memories with one of these. Let my grandsons shoot it. I may carry it from time to time. I was supposed to get the one I learned to shoot with. The person who own it ended up having a son of his own. Now I just have to find and H&R 9shot revolver 6” barrel. My pawpaw had one but when he died it disappeared never to been seen again. So I will just have to buy one.as fast as accuracy maybe soda can at 5 paces. I don’t remember the muzzle blast and recoil being that bad. If I carry it it will be and under the wallet pistol in my back pocket. Im pretty sure my biological father sold it along with his shotgun. The shotgun was a Winchester 1400 probably the worst shotgun Winchester ever made but since he had one I will find one.
                Last edited by Milldawg; 01-23-2021, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  It is the "epitome" of what's referred to as a "belly gun".
                  Exactly. .22 short ain’t much.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Deer belly hair
                    by Solitario Lupo
                    The three with the beads at the end are actually jig flies. Just got into tying them. They work great for a lot of species including crappie. I add weight...
                    Today, 05:43 PM
                  • Deer belly hair
                    by Solitario Lupo
                    Looking for some big patches of white belly hair from a deer. If anyone got any they would like to get rid of....
                    Yesterday, 04:07 PM
                  • Reply to Nuclear Codes
                    by FirstBubba
                    If "Sleepy, Creepy" Joe can't be trusted with the nuclear football, he needs to go.

'06, I'm not sure I'd even trust Bite-me with...
                    Today, 05:16 PM
                  • Nuclear Codes
                    by jhjimbo
                    Is it true, Harris the call girl, is trying to get the nuclear codes away from Biden ?
                    She probably wants to bomb Syria like Hillary wanted to do....
                    Today, 02:46 PM
                  • Reply to Reloading Components
                    by FirstBubba
                    "... Sm and Lg primers $9/100. 100 limit per visit. ..."

I'd be running in and out of that store like my pants were on fire........
                    Today, 05:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X