Ammo waiting lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    I was buying range ammo for $135 a thousand. I have 800 rnds of range ammo and400 rnds of +p 124 HP golden sabre in 9mm. 00 buck and slugs in 12 gauge. Am going to the range with the wife tomorrow. She has a few thousand rnds for the range, down from 10,000. 30-06 in a few configurations, 600 rounds or so.
    I am in the process of organizing and inventory. So far I am o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
      Two local on line auctions closed yesterday. Either people want to shoot, or someone is looking to gouge people. Bricks of .22lr went for $70, up to $150. It's nuts.
      Where did bricks go for over $100 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Where did bricks go for over $100 ?
        The auction was a sporting goods outfit that appeared to be going out if business near Bruce, SD. Another closes tomorrow near Marion, SD just clearing out stuff they claim is laying around the auction house. A bulk pack of 500 Reminton .22lr is already at $160.

Oops, it closes Tuesday. The one that goes off tomorrow is a live simulcast an has prebids for .22lr at $27.50 - 35.00. Miller, SD.
        Last edited by franchi20; 01-02-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

My gunshop has been getting 9MM's and 223's all the time. A box of 600 223's is $699 and people are buying them. He got some critical defense 9MM's in the other day. The only things that he can't seem to get is primers and powder. I have enough 223's, 308's and 300WSM's loaded to last me a lifetime and my kids and grandkids that get my rifles will probably have enough rounds to go with the guns to last them a lifetime. I loaded 12 boxes of .308 125 grain ballistic tips for him. That is the load he shoots and he loves it. I have 300 of them loaded for myself. I loaded my Son 10 boxes of the same load for his 308. I don't really need any more loading supplies but if some come available I will probably buy some.

Comment

Are you on any notification lists with The Sportsman's Guide or Midway USA? Speed Test
            Last edited by EVAKATY75; 01-18-2021, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Woohoo! I was on the notification list at The Sportsman's Guide and got an email this ammo was available. Just ordered 4 boxes (100 rounds) for $124 total including tax. Shipping was free. Not a bad price for self defense ammo these days.

Are you on any notification lists with The Sportsman's Guide or Midway USA?

Hate to tell you this PH, but you just answered your own question copy and pasted by the bot. A link will get edited there later. Not sure how they keep missing this one. I’ve picked up on it because it keeps replying on my posts or occasionally c&p my responses.

Comment

Originally posted by EVAKATY75 View Post
                Are you on any notification lists with The Sportsman's Guide or Midway USA? Speed Test
                And there's the edit as predicted!

Comment

Alex Robinson has a piece at OL that covers the ammo shortage.

Comment

Another good article at OL main page about the shortage and how it's happening.

Comment

Went into Academy on Corpus Christi, TX.
                      All the ammo was at the Customer Service.
                      Clerk asked what I wanted.
                      No 6.8mm or .308.
                      I asked what she did have.
                      .223, 5.56, 7.62×51......
                      Did you say 7.62×51?
                      Yes.
                      I'll take 2!
                      $21.99/ea
                      Not bad!

Comment

Another detailed article about ammo production at the OL site. I think it would be good to have a report like that at F&S.

Comment

The youngest used a Remington "Bucket of Bullets" as a birthday present.
                          Scanning the internet for a replacement, I found a Bucket for $79.99.
                          THEN.... I found the reason guns, ammo and components are hard to locate!

https://www.300blackoutclub.com/Remi...-2-_p_180.html

NOTE: limit 2 per customer.
                          I ain't even buying ONE at that price!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad