Ammo waiting lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo waiting lists

Woohoo! I was on the notification list at The Sportsman's Guide and got an email this ammo was available. Just ordered 4 boxes (100 rounds) for $124 total including tax. Shipping was free. Not a bad price for self defense ammo these days.

Are you on any notification lists with The Sportsman's Guide or Midway USA?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hornady Critical Defense.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	762744

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Woohoo! I was on the notification list at The Sportsman's Guide and got an email this ammo was available. Just ordered 4 boxes (100 rounds) for $124 total including tax. Shipping was free. Not a bad price for self defense ammo these days.

Are you on any notification lists with The Sportsman's Guide or Midway USA?

Click image for larger version Name:	Hornady Critical Defense.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	762744
    You did hit the mother load. Some of the personnel defense rounds in 20 round boxes are going for $80.00

I still have Winchester Black Tallon in all calibers and they are going for over $100.

I don't think I have ever been on a backorder list.

For Christmas I am thinking of giving my B I L an extra handgun I have. He only has a .357 revolver and a 9mm M&P and a ..22lr pitol
    I have a 1911 Lama .45auto clone and a 50cal ammo box almost full of my handloads and 8 or 10 boxes of defense ammo. The pistol is excellent shape, real tight and a good trigger. I tried to learn how to shoot it and only got so far. Actually, one day I shot my Chrony. (carried it and tripod about 12' down range)
    I figure that .45auto would be a good one to have in the house (they don't have carry permits yet).
    Only condition would be if he does not want it, he gives it back to me.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-08-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

You did hit the mother load. Some of the personnel defense rounds in 20 round boxes are going for $80.00

I still have Winchester Black Tallon in all calibers and they are going for over $100.

I don't think I have ever been on a backorder list.

For Christmas I am thinking of giving my B I L an extra handgun I have. He only has a .357 revolver and a 9mm M&P and a ..22lr pitol
      I have a 1911 Lama .45auto clone and a 50cal ammo box almost full of my handloads and 8 or 10 boxes of defense ammo. The pistol is excellent shape, real tight and a good trigger. I tried to learn how to shoot it and only got so far. Actually, one day I shot my Chrony. (carried it and tripod about 12' down range)
      I figure that .45auto would be a good one to have in the house (they don't have carry permits yet).
      Only condition would be if he does not want it, he gives it back to me.
      A buddy of mine owns a gun shop and was able to order 10 boxes of 9mm Critical Duty for about $30 each. He's thinking of selling them for $80 each.

That's a nice gift you're planning for the BIL... Shooting that Chrony sounds like something I would do.

Comment

I've never ordered ammo online. NY had a provision in the Safe Act to prevent it but that got tossed. There was also supposed to be a background check for ammo purchases but no system was ever created to support it. I'm not sure if the online deal was tossed out on its own or because of the latter. Problem is some outfits still won't ship even though they can.

Notification list wouldn't work for me anyway, stuff would be sold out before I actually saw the notice let alone placed an order.

Comment

Nah!
          I just try to keep enough jingle in my pocket to pick up whatever I can find.
          Several years ago, I made a small order and paid for it. I got a notice it went to backorder.
          About a month later, I got an email the product was available and as soon as I paid they would ship.
          Took another month and the product cost me almost twice as much (phone calls, aggravation and time at the bank!) by the time they finally shipped.
          Needless to say, we didn't part on good terms.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            Nah!
            I just try to keep enough jingle in my pocket to pick up whatever I can find.
            Several years ago, I made a small order and paid for it. I got a notice it went to backorder.
            About a month later, I got an email the product was available and as soon as I paid they would ship.
            Took another month and the product cost me almost twice as much (phone calls, aggravation and time at the bank!) by the time they finally shipped.
            Needless to say, we didn't part on good terms.
            I've had absolutely no problems ordering ammo.

Comment

That's the only incident I've ever had ordering online.
              It was a big misunderstanding, but when the cust serv rep isn't respectful, the conversation has a tendency to go downhill....fast.
              The last call, I finally got a supvr.
              Settled in under 10 minutes.

Comment

...and it wasn't ammo. It was some shrubbery for the house.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Notification list wouldn't work for me anyway, stuff would be sold out before I actually saw the notice let alone placed an order.
                  Yep, that happens with me about half the time. However, during the .22 shortage, I was able to buy hundreds of rounds just by staying on notification lists and being persistent.

Comment

Nope I won’t pay the robber Barron’s what they want for it.

Comment

My 100 rounds arrived yesterday. That puts me with about 300 rounds of HP's and 700 rounds of FMJ. Now I feel comfortable taking PigHuntress to the range without using up too much inventory. I put a laser sight on my old Ruger LC9 and have given the handgun to her. But she needs practice.

Comment

Went to see my friend who owns a gun shop. His ammo shelves are almost bare. Absolutely no .38 Special, 9mm, or .357 Magnum. Forget about most hunting cartridges too. But he's got plenty of .25-06 ... go figure.

Comment

Seems 40S&W is somewhat available from what I’m reading. I should probably check into it.

Comment

PH, what brand did you get ? I looked today and they are taking backorders again. Price looks a little higher.
                            Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-13-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

There is a gun show today but I think I will load 200 of the .45acp I have left and call it quits. I have about all I nee loaded.

The indoor laser practice system I got for family is Strikeman. See what you think of it.
                              Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-13-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad