NitroStick ML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NitroStick ML

What do you think of the NitroStick by Federal to be used with the TC NitroFire ? The Powder and primer are in a plastic tube that is inserted in a ML chamber and the bullet is pushed down the bore to a ridge in the barrel - now it's loaded. Should it have the same special season as a traditional ML ?
    I think this set up is one step away from a regular single shot. All that is needed is ream out ridge in the barrel and then super glue a bullet to the end of the FireStick making it one complete cartridge. Insert and fire.

I like the concept of seating the bullet first, before the powder charge is in place. Seems safer.

Also, I like being able to remove the charge with ease instead of firing the gun or pulling the breach plug and dumping the powder.

(17) Traditions™ New NitroFire™ Changes Muzzleloading! - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      I like the concept of seating the bullet first, before the powder charge is in place. Seems safer.

Also, I like being able to remove the charge with ease instead of firing the gun or pulling the breach plug and dumping the powder.

(17) Traditions™ New NitroFire™ Changes Muzzleloading! - YouTube
      Easy unloading is a good point - no way to get the primer out, have to take the whole stick.

Do you belong to Shooters Forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Easy unloading is a good point - no way to get the primer out, have to take the whole stick.

Do you belong to Shooters Forum ?
        Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter

Comment

Since the powder goes in the breech end and not the muzzle end I was reading that they may not be legal in some states

Comment

Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter
            go to www.sportingclassicsstore.com if you like $600 knives, hunting books, $150 dog bowls, etc

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

go to www.sportingclassicsstore.com if you like $600 knives, hunting books, $150 dog bowls, etc
              Jim, I can be fairly cheap about equipment. However, one of my friends owns a gunshop and he just told me he's ordered 10 Henry rifles. I'm afraid one of those in .45 Colt may end up in my safe.

Comment

Jim, I can be fairly cheap about equipment. However, one of my friends owns a gunshop and he just told me he's ordered 10 Henry rifles. I'm afraid one of those in .45 Colt may end up in my safe.
                In SportingClassics knives pg 2 bottom I had that exact Olsen Knife. I thought it too bulky and sold it at a gun show for $200. I think they are made in Minn. roll over the pic of a knife and you can see the sheath for it.
                I don't know why but I am not a fan of Henry. I understand they have a good reputation. .45 colt would be suprimo for pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
                  Since the powder goes in the breech end and not the muzzle end I was reading that they may not be legal in some states
                  I was thinking the same thing - not really a classic ML and in my mind should not get the special seasons ML do get. In PA, you can not even use a percussion ML, flint only and I think iron sights only.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad