Ruger mk4, I gave in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger mk4, I gave in.

Wife, daughters & I shot my Ruger 22 pistols this weekend. A lot. Last night I had time to tear them apart to clean them. I've never had trouble with reassembly before but this time was a hassle. I even used bad words because all men know it doubles our strength and scares screws, bolts, & parts into compliance. My wife overhearing my technique felt obligated to say ," Husband, you just turned 60. I want to buy you a different pistol to celebrate." So she did. Beware, Ruger no longer supplies a scope/dot base. No problem as I took my setup off my mk3. Think I'll just use the Hi-vis front sight and leave the receiver clean. Anyway here is my mk4 target. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	744193

I've seen ads for an aftermarket thing guaranteed to ease the reassembly of Ruger Mks. I can't find it right now. Been curious to try it.

Comment

I have heard there is one step in assembly of the Ruger that is very difficult. Same as the trigger group on a Handi-Riffle. It is impossible to put together without the tool - I guess it is easy to make one. I have not and do not plan to mess with their trigger. All advice is to make the tool before disassembly.

Comment

Got a Ruger MK IV 6" stainless.
        Reassembly is a piece of cake .... until it isn't.
        I've had mine apart and together numerous times....then suddenly!
        It's like a bolt of lightening struck me dumb and I totally forget everything!
        ....THEN ... suddenly, everything simply falls back together and you think, "That wasn't so hard!".

Comment

OK, it's called a Hammer Strut Support. I googled ruger reassembly device and found it. Maddening to be unable to find the ad I saw. Anyway, it's online 16.95 and postage and fondling. Fits Mkll and lll.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
            OK, it's called a Hammer Strut Support. I googled ruger reassembly device and found it. Maddening to be unable to find the ad I saw. Anyway, it's online 16.95 and postage and fondling. Fits Mkll and lll.
            I have them in all my mark2&3's. Does it help? Oh yea. Are there other things that stick that have nothing to do with the strut. Oh yea. My mk3 in particular is a very tight fitting gun

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              I have them in all my mark2&3's. Does it help? Oh yea. Are there other things that stick that have nothing to do with the strut. Oh yea. My mk3 in particular is a very tight fitting gun
              BTW, dewman! Nice Ruger!

Comment

My wife doesn’t believe that bad words help.......Wait a minute, you mean you just were rewarded for bad behavior ?!?! Well Happy Birthday to you😜.

Very nice Dewman, hope she’s a shooter.

Comment

Dewman, congrats on the new addition! I'm trying to stay away from the Mark IV for now. Got the Mark II on consignment and hope it sells. Will be hunting with the Mark III this season with iron sights and suppressed.
                  Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Very nice looking Ruger. I know the bad words help, they are almost as essential as my pipe wrenches and Channel Locks when I start plumbing projects. The Bookkeeper usually leaves for parts unknown and stays away until she is satisfied all plumbing projects are completed.

Comment

Lucky you!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        I even used bad words because all men know it doubles our strength and scares screws, bolts, & parts into compliance.
                        I've got to remember to share this valuable information with my wife on the next occasion. Could definitely have used it a couple weeks ago while assembling her new elliptical machine.

Very nice pistol. Congratulations!

My birthday is next month and my wife wants to give me a massage package at a local establishment. Any advice on how to turn this around? It seems your wife is more, uh.... understanding of men gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by Proverbs View Post

I've got to remember to share this valuable information with my wife on the next occasion. Could definitely have used it a couple weeks ago while assembling her new elliptical machine.

Very nice pistol. Congratulations!

My birthday is next month and my wife wants to give me a massage package at a local establishment. Any advice on how to turn this around? It seems your wife is more, uh.... understanding of men gifts.
                          The last massage I bought was the deep tissue kind. I had pulled a back muscle in the papermill and otherwise had stiff muscles from walking on concrete while at work. It was definitely worth it. I say go for it and make the wife happy. In fact, I'll probably schedule one soon. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

PH, I've never had a professional massage. You're probably right, I should go ahead with it. I may really like it and my wife would be pleased.

Speaking of walking on concrete, I've been working/standing a lot in my shop with its concrete floor. Sore/stiff legs after hours each day of this, and I wasn't sure if it was from the concrete floor or that it's been very dry/warm this summer and I just wasn't getting enough electrolytes to keep up. Might have to look for some kind of rubber matting, at least in front of the work counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Proverbs View Post
                              PH, I've never had a professional massage. You're probably right, I should go ahead with it. I may really like it and my wife would be pleased.

Speaking of walking on concrete, I've been working/standing a lot in my shop with its concrete floor. Sore/stiff legs after hours each day of this, and I wasn't sure if it was from the concrete floor or that it's been very dry/warm this summer and I just wasn't getting enough electrolytes to keep up. Might have to look for some kind of rubber matting, at least in front of the work counter.
                              I've got matting in my basement workshop and it definitely helps. I also put padded mats in front of the bathroom and kitchen sinks. Pighuntress says it helps to keep her hip from hurting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad