300 yard .22lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 yard .22lr

Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used.

I personally would not. I know lots of guys love their volquartsen or what have you, but I'm probably not shooting my .22 that far, and since I use it to hunt small game, I probably wouldn't risk a 6" group on small game at that far. I wouldn't judge anyone that does, but I personally would not.

Other rifles, probably. I mean it seems weird, at that price point, aren't you really close to high end precision rifles for top tier match and Olympic matches

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	17WSM  Savage B Mag 002.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	741869Click image for larger version

Name:	B Mag Savage gun fight 005.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	953.5 KB
ID:	741870
      Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
      I personally would not. I know lots of guys love their volquartsen or what have you, but I'm probably not shooting my .22 that far, and since I use it to hunt small game, I probably wouldn't risk a 6" group on small game at that far. I wouldn't judge anyone that does, but I personally would not.

Other rifles, probably. I mean it seems weird, at that price point, aren't you really close to high end precision rifles for top tier match and Olympic matches
      My Savage B Mag in .17WSM shoots about an inch at 300yds. I have put up target pictures in the past.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-12-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Would I?
        No.
        I think the concept is interesting, but not interesting enough for me to spend that much doh-re-mi.
        I once killed a crow at about 150 yards with a Marlin 39A. Way more luck than skill, but it happened.

Then again, there are gun games out there that many people aren't aware of. Just another one of those, "whatever trips your trigger" affairs.

Comment

I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level.

Jim, what scope are yourunning on the B-Mag?

Comment

Not for me. Just not something that interests me. I appreciate the capability of an Anshutz and its ability to put them in one hole. I would spend almost that much for one. I enjoy my 10-22 but don't consider a 6" group worth wasting money on, even at 1000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level.

Jim, what scope are yourunning on the B-Mag?
              Tasco 4X16.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad