Next Generation Squad Weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Generation Squad Weapon.

It appears the military is settling in on a new squad weapon in 6.8 mm caliber.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...army_200519.nl

hmm...
    If they're that close, I have to believe they're planning to go with the Sig hybrid round. Seems like it would be easier to manufacture a gun designed for high pressures, than all of the other stuff that goes into CT ammo. But, you never know. If Airborne rangers like it, it means it has to be uber-reliable and lightweight, so maybe they did go with Textron.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...squad-weapons/

Comment

Out of my league.
      It would be fun to shoot though.

Comment

Marine Corps May Replace Infantry M27s with the Army's Next Generation Squad Weapon.

https://news.yahoo.com/marine-corps-...194916212.html

Comment

yeah, crazy right. lightweight and accurate enough to make it the general issue infantry rifle. However, I think all 3 companies still in the running were presenting as a weapons platform i.e. (2) firearms, one that's like a SAW and one that's more like a standard rifle

Comment

I am grateful for all of our SF groups, but the two that interest me the most are the PJ's and Delta.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wildebeest rug
              by Happy Myles
              Many fine eating animals are found in Africa, including Springbuck. Gerenuk is among my favorites along with Lesser kudu. As a matter of fact, all the...
              Today, 01:51 PM
            • Wildebeest rug
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              My daughter put in the request for wildebeest hide for my safari last year. Her man wasn't particularly crazy about it so I brought it home last week....
              06-04-2020, 07:59 PM
            • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
              by Buckshott00
              "at what point is it quenched?"
              When it turns to looting and burning. No one is questioning that BHR. What I'm asking you to realize...
              Today, 01:35 PM
            • Jackbooted Thugs
              by Buckshott00
              I know tensions are high. I know there's a curfew in effect, but...

If you fire (even pepper / paintball rounds) at someone on their porch...
              06-01-2020, 02:37 AM
            • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
              by Buckshott00
              We can agree on all those things or none of them. The beauty of love our country is that even if you accept the current Pres. anyone can still disagree...
              Today, 01:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X