Watching my muzzleloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching my muzzleloader

Since I am laid up and can't go to the range my wife laid my new muzzleloader on a bench in the den so I can look at it and pick it up every now and then and shoulder it. If you remember I sold my AR that I won and bought a new set of golf clubs. She has them sitting in my den so I can look at them too. She says if I can look at them at least I might not get so downhearted and about not being able to go and use them. I was down last evening after conducting the military funeral yesterday. I don't know how many more of them I can do before I get my knee replaced. When I am on my knee for a little while the pain sets in and I am laid up for several hours until the potent pain meds kick in.

Bummer sarge01!
    I'm still mobil. I can still get around so I set my muzzle loader, Sportsman 16 ga, my 6.8mm and .223 AR on my loading bench gun rack. I can't pick them up, but I can walk by them every now and then and mope and pout.
    I tried to pick one up Saturday and the wife whacked my hand with the muzzle loader ram rod and gave me a resoundingly harsh, "NO! Bad boy!"
    I whimpered, tucked my tail and crawled under the bed.
    If I'm not mistaken, there was a dribble or two of pee.
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-05-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Sarge, you apparently have a great woman.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Sarge, you apparently have a great woman.
        I do and she doesn't say anything about me buying guns. After I got divorced and she and I got married times were hard. DNR Officers didn't make much money in 1980. One morning I left the house with 7 guns and sold them that day so we could buy groceries. That is why she is so tolerate about me buying guns today. Over the years the state treated us well with raises and now I have a nice retirement. Glad it is not as hard as it was 39 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

I do and she doesn't say anything about me buying guns. After I got divorced and she and I got married times were hard. DNR Officers didn't make much money in 1980. One morning I left the house with 7 guns and sold them that day so we could buy groceries. That is why she is so tolerate about me buying guns today. Over the years the state treated us well with raises and now I have a nice retirement. Glad it is not as hard as it was 39 years ago.
          Congrats on a "keeper" sarge01. Had a similar incident about 2 months into my marriage.
          The closest I've gotten to a "No." since that day was, "Can you wait until payday?"
          It could.
          I did.
          Worked out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            Bummer sarge01!
            I'm still mobil. I can still get around so I set my muzzle loader, Sportsman 16 ga, my 6.8mm and .223 AR on my loading bench gun rack. I can't pick them up, but I can walk by them every now and then and mope and pout.
            I tried to pick one up Saturday and the wife whacked my hand with the muzzle loader ram rod and gave me a resoundingly harsh, "NO! Bad boy!"
            I whimpered, tucked my tail and crawled under the bed.
            If I'm not mistaken, there was a dribble or two of pee.
            What’s your favorite dog food while you are under the bed whimpering ? Maybe the site can muster up a few days supply. Just don’t take too long to become a man again, we are not going to feed you forever LOL !!! Bubbykins !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

What’s your favorite dog food while you are under the bed whimpering ? Maybe the site can muster up a few days supply. Just don’t take too long to become a man again, we are not going to feed you forever LOL !!! Bubbykins !
              "Venison Backstrap" in the Biscuits & Gravy flavor!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

"Venison Backstrap" in the Biscuits & Gravy flavor!
                I think that would be a good choice, and thanks for taking my ‘little poke’ at you in a good manner ! 🐶 😂

Comment

At my house I do whatever the Hell I want ... (as long as it's ok with PigHuntress).

Comment

At my house I do whatever the Hell I want ... (as long as it's ok with PigHuntress).
                    One thing is for sure I wear the pants in my family, I wear whatever pair she tells me to put on.

Comment

One thing is for sure I wear the pants in my family, I wear whatever pair she tells me to put on.
                      Yeah .....! .....and I run things in my house!
                      Dish washer, vacuum cleaner, dryer..
                      ..!

Comment

My wife decides the small things, like where and how we live, and I decide the really important things, like whether we should bomb North Korea.

Comment

AND.....I ALWAYS get the last word!
                          Normally it's, "Yes dear."

Comment

I received good news about a week ago. I was scheduled to have bad knee replaced on Jan 12, but the pain has been almost unbearable. I was put on the cancellation list and the nurse called me last week and said my surgery has been moved to Nov 26. I told her if she were here I would kiss her. The only drawback is that is the first week of our firearms deer season but with the pain I couldn't have enjoyed it anyway. We have a late antlerless season Dec 29,30,31. I will have had 5 weeks of therapy under my belt by that time and my buddy says he is going to load me up and take me to camp to kill a deer. Hope he is right.

Comment

I received good news about a week ago. I was scheduled to have bad knee replaced on Jan 12, but the pain has been almost unbearable. I was put on the cancellation list and the nurse called me last week and said my surgery has been moved to Nov 26. I told her if she were here I would kiss her. The only drawback is that is the first week of our firearms deer season but with the pain I couldn't have enjoyed it anyway. We have a late antlerless season Dec 29,30,31. I will have had 5 weeks of therapy under my belt by that time and my buddy says he is going to load me up and take me to camp to kill a deer. Hope he is right.
                              Best of luck with both endeavors Sarge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad