Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

45/410 pistols for defense, pests or whatever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45/410 pistols for defense, pests or whatever.

Any of you guys have/had any of these combo pistols? Judges, governors, derringers (cobra or bond) super Comanches (not the llama revolver) ? What did you think? Did you keep it or let it go? Tips, opinions, or experiences welcome. Thanks.

I had a Bond arms but it was too heavy for concealed heavy for me. I have a Taurus Poly Defender that I use #4 shot for snake protection during spring gobbler season. I use it with buckshot for home defense. Someone said they had a lot of trouble with the Judges but I have shot mine a lot and haven't had one problem with it what so ever. The Bond derringer was very well made but they are quite heavy because they are really rugged built.

Comment

A friend has the 'Judge' and he feels well protected at home.

Comment

I carry a Public Defender when I fish as a snake gun. Then it goes in the bedside table for home defense. Put a lot of rounds thru it with no problems. Both 45 long colt and 410. It is a little bit on the heavy side though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
          I had a Bond arms but it was too heavy for concealed heavy for me. I have a Taurus Poly Defender that I use #4 shot for snake protection during spring gobbler season. I use it with buckshot for home defense. Someone said they had a lot of trouble with the Judges but I have shot mine a lot and haven't had one problem with it what so ever. The Bond derringer was very well made but they are quite heavy because they are really rugged built.
          I carry 225 grain Hornady flex tips in My Poly Defender in my backpack during deer season in case I have to dispatch a crippled deer. I have carried it in my backpack for over 15 years and haven't needed it yet, but maybe could some day.

Comment

I've always been interested in the .45/.410 platform. Not ONE of my gang showed the slightest interest. Therefore, I never looked at one seriously...but I think they are a good idea.
            The youngest has shown a bit of interest in the old "Snake Charmer" set up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Snapshot
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              Outfitter advised that I take $2,000 US with me to Africa and pay the rest with my VISA. Turns out I didn't need more than $700 cash (could have got...
              Today, 08:26 PM
            • Snapshot
              by jhjimbo
              What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
              I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
              Yesterday, 04:28 PM
            • Reply to Give them all they need ...
              by 99explorer
              Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
              When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
              Today, 07:29 PM
            • Give them all they need ...
              by jhjimbo
              I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
              10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
            • Reply to Snapshot
              by FirstBubba
              Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
              I've never carried over about $1500.
              Today, 07:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X