Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firearms Qualification for concealed carry natiionwide.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms Qualification for concealed carry natiionwide.

The WV Natural Resources Police Lt. came to the range today to conduct my firearms qualification. President HW Bush signed a bill that allows active duty or retired police officers to carry a concealed weapon nationwide. I have to qualify twice a year to meet the requirements of the bill. Even after being retired 13 years and 72 years old the Lt. was amazed how I shot. He used to see me shoot when I was the Dept's Firearms Officer. His comment was ": You haven't lost a thing over the last 13 years. I was shooting my S&W 4566TSW .45 that the Dept gave me when I retired. It is a little more trying now with tri-focals than it used to be however 60 out of 60 isn't to bad on a timed combat course.

Congratulations Sarge !! I could be 60 out of 60 also, but then I presume you were talking about 60 hits, not what I would do. Good shooting !!

Comment

It seems like I can't win. About a year ago I fell with all my weight on my left artificial knee on my asphault driveway. Trying to step across my 4-wheeler trailer tongue and everything came across except my toe. It has been giving me fits ever since then. Today I was on my cane and for no apparent reason I went to the ground. My Son got my crutches out of my truck and I couldn't even walk with crutches for the intense pain like no other I have ever had. He along with my daughter-in-law and my wife got me into my pickup and my wife took me to the emergency room. Xrays showed my knee looked normal. The Dr.seems to think it is ligament damage. He put a shot of Lydicane into my knee and after about 5 hours he sent me home. My wife had to get the neighbor and my Son-in Law to get me into the house. I am in a wheelchair to move around but the pain has subsided quite a bit. I have an appointment with the bone Surgeon at West Virginia University Hospital in a day or two. The Dr. seems to think that my knee is going to have to be opened up to see what the problem is.

Comment

Sarge, that certainly is not good news ! I wish there was more that I could do other than to wish you the best and a full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
          The WV Natural Resources Police Lt. came to the range today to conduct my firearms qualification. President HW Bush signed a bill that allows active duty or retired police officers to carry a concealed weapon nationwide. I have to qualify twice a year to meet the requirements of the bill. Even after being retired 13 years and 72 years old the Lt. was amazed how I shot. He used to see me shoot when I was the Dept's Firearms Officer. His comment was ": You haven't lost a thing over the last 13 years. I was shooting my S&W 4566TSW .45 that the Dept gave me when I retired. It is a little more trying now with tri-focals than it used to be however 60 out of 60 isn't to bad on a timed combat course.
          I got my carry renewal the other day and the woman said they are thinking of doing away with the permits. I almost fell off the chair. How can they even consider that ? I am greatly opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I got my carry renewal the other day and the woman said they are thinking of doing away with the permits. I almost fell off the chair. How can they even consider that ? I am greatly opposed.
            West Virginia gives a person the option of no permit as long as they stay in state. If you are going out of state you still have to get a concealed permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

West Virginia gives a person the option of no permit as long as they stay in state. If you are going out of state you still have to get a concealed permit.
              I think everyone should go through a background check, unless you want convicted felons carrying.

Comment

Sarge - I thought the days of exploratory surgery were over.
                CT Scan or MRI should give an excellent picture of everything inside.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  Sarge - I thought the days of exploratory surgery were over.
                  CT Scan or MRI should give an excellent picture of everything inside.
                  They can't do MRI because of my metal artificial knee. After bone scan and xrays the Dr.s are pretty sure my artificial knee is not loose . Pictures show it perfectly aligned. I haven't been to the bone Dr. yet in University Hospital but after spending about 6 hours in the ER last Sat in intense pain The Dr. seems to think that I have ligament damage. I hope to find out on June 3rd.

Comment

Sarge - Well, here's wishing you the best of luck with that.
                    I feel your pain.

Comment

Jimbo, I agree fully ! I am very pro 2A, but I am not pro stupid. There has to be some way of determining who is not qualified to be carrying and that has to be done. Now, that is not saying that I agree with gun registration by any means, but not just anyone should be allowed to carry ! In Michigan we can open cary without permit and I am not too comfortable with this, there being no way of knowing who should be and should not be doing so ! Yes, it is convenient in one way, but also a little scary too !
                      Last edited by bowhunter75richard; Today, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                        Today, 10:41 AM
                      • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                        Today, 06:43 PM
                      • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                        by buckhunter
                        Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                        Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                      • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                        by Solitario Lupo
                        So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                        Today, 06:20 PM
                      • Peripheral Vision
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                        Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X