Taurus Spectrum .380 pistol.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus Spectrum .380 pistol.

A good friend is considering the purchase of one of these pistols for concealed carry.
    I have read mixed reviews on this model. It gets high marks for ergonomics and economy ($229 at Academy), but reliability is in question.
    Does anyone have on-hand experience with this pistol?

Here is a photo. Made in U.S.A.

Comment

For about the same size he could get a Remington R-51 and have the better 9mm +P firepower.

Comment

I have two pt111's in 9 mm with no issues. For me a 380 is fine for plinking but not enough gun for self defense.

Comment

The reason for my friend's interest in the Taurus Spectrum is the ease of operating the slide, because he has arthritis in both hands and can no longer retract the slide on his 9mm.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            The reason for my friend's interest in the Taurus Spectrum is the ease of operating the slide, because he has arthritis in both hands and can no longer retract the slide on his 9mm.
            I see 99, has he ever thought of the old wheel gun if he could handle a 38 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post

I see 99, has he ever thought of the old wheel gun if he could handle a 38 or something?
              I second that. Have you looked at the Taurus 656 in .38 Special? $280 at Academy Sports.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial...evolver/247512

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I second that. Have you looked at the Taurus 656 in .38 Special? $280 at Academy Sports.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial...evolver/247512
                I have not myself I doubt I will be in the market for a bit after I buy my shotgun.

Comment

Beretta 86........Cheetah.
                  Tip up bbl. No need to work the slide to load.

Comment

Cd gives me another idea, he should look at a company called bond arms. They make break open pistols in just about every caliber from 22 mag up. They even make them in 45/ 410.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad