Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like to try and answer questions for people about evaluating the worth of their firearms. As most of us sportsmen know there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to try and answer questions for people about evaluating the worth of their firearms. As most of us sportsmen know there

I like to try and answer questions for people about evaluating the worth of their firearms. As most of us sportsmen know there is a grading system. My question is, how is a firearm graded? What can I do to look at a firearm and say "This piece is in %80 condition", etc. Is there a set standard to know about barrels, receivers, etc., sort of like a SAMMI, for collectors or graders to go by.

80%

Comment

the NRA has there own grading system

Comment

yes there is the NRA has a grading system and if you will get the Blue Book of gun values from about 3-4 years ago it has color photos and goes into detail about what quailifies for 98,95,90,80 and so on. Its the one that has a grey cover on it and I believe a luger. I could be wrong about the gun but I know its Grey and its not the newest one, although it may have a section that explains it too. Unless you are an avid collector and grade a lot of guns most people can't tell the difference in 90%+ guns.

Comment

Get the blue book value and check with the NRA for a grading system.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad