Gun Shows is not what they used to be :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Shows is not what they used to be :(

Years ago Gun Shows was the place for real bargains but today I don't think of them much. Don't get me wrong the big ones like in Tulsa Oklahoma is worth driving a couple hours to get dar! Almost traded my HK45 for a AR10 until the fella said he did a trigger job on it that killed the deal.

Your Right Clay, Nothing but heavy hitters now a days. No more Joe-6 pack type guys. They want mint or as close to it, and they pay the price for it.If you have what there looking for!!

Comment

They don't seem to be as exciting as they used to be but I still see something worth buying at almost every show. This week it was a great price on a Redfield Tracker scope for $10 for my black powder rifle and genuine Army ammo cans for $5. A potential good deal on a Leupold Mark 4 scope but I couldn't verify authenticity until Monday. As you say, most are selling new merchandise at higher than store prices.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Clay, what kind of English is that? You're showing ignorance with your post in so many ways. Do you realize how inexpensive and easy it is to replace AR trigger parts? It would have been simple to correct any problems.
        Pighunter, did you buy a stripped lower?

Comment

I look forward to the hot dogs and sausages sold outside of the gun shows.
          They always seem to taste better out of doors.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            I have a friend in Texas who attends gun shows only looking for WW II stainless steel canteens.

Comment

Clay, what kind of English is that? You're showing ignorance with your post in so many ways. Do you realize how inexpensive and easy it is to replace AR trigger parts? It would have been simple to correct any problems.
              The AR10 is a whole 'nother ballgame!
              If I've told you this before, you can stop here!----------------------
              The AR15, accepted by the military, regardless of manufacturer, is "milspec".

The AR10, however, was never accepted by the military, ergo, no "milspec"! Everybody does their own "thang"!
              If you get an AeroPrecision lower, get an AeroPrecision upper.
              Like the Anderson lower?
              Get an Anderson upper!
              Whoever you decide to go with, before purchasing, ask if it's "DPMS cut". (Primary Arms is a top notch outfit!)
              If you will get a DPMS cut upper and lower, you can always go to DPMS for parts.

Last but not least, the recoil buffer, buffer tube and spring.
              AR10, AR15 are not interchangeable.
              The AR10 BCG is longer than the AR15 BCG and the "twain shall never meet"!
              Ask me!
              I tried!
              Don't work!

My AR10 (it's a PSA PA10 [Palmetto State Armory]) with a fully loaded 20 round mag in place, weighs in at 11 pounds.

Comment

I belong to Ohio Gun Collectors Association. Founded 1937, members only, guest can come one time only and must be accompanied by member. At one time the largest group East of the Mississippi. Member applicants need to be sponsored by three members in good standing to get membership approved. A couple of times a year there will be collector days - prizes for the best displays. In it's hay day it was about 500,000sq ft in the 1 million sq ft Cleveland IX Center
                (the WW II tank plant).

Comment

Lol yea kinda like how the Home Depot hot dogs are always so good... the girls they have selling them might have something to do with it too!

Comment

They sell "kettle corn" outside the gun show I most often attend.
                    The concession stand is a joke. High $ and low quality.
                    I always take my own food.

Comment

I used to go to gun shows quite often.
                      I hauled several items to a show and toted them up and down the aisles for several hours.
                      I found several items I would have bought, but nobody would offer more than peanuts for what I had.
                      From there, I decided, why pay $10 to get in, spend the day walking in circles, toting guns, dog tired at the end of the day and nothing to show for my troubles.
                      For the price of a table, I could sit in one spot, price my goods as I saw fit and the "show" came to me!
                      MUCH better!
                      The 300 table local show is now down to about 75 tables.
                      I'm hoping an improving economy and it will expand again.

Comment

Jimbo, I went to a gun show at Cuyahoga fairgrounds south of Cleveland in 1994 (?) while driving cross country. Wow, what a huge show!

Comment

That is in Berea, South of Cleveland not far off I-71. I go there a couple times a year. The IX-Center is near the Cleveland Airport. The IX-Center is 1 million sq feet and has 3 levels below grade. I knew people that worked on the tanks during the war. He worked on the turret and the machine guns. Berea is also where the Browns practice - if they do practice.

Comment

ohiogunshows.com/wp/berea/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
                              by 99explorer
                              Does that include the presidential suite?
                              Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                            • Hhs
                              by jhjimbo
                              Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                              Yesterday, 04:13 PM
                            • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                              by 99explorer
                              Remember to save the last round for yourself.
                              Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                            • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                              by rock rat
                              Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                              08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                            • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                              by 99explorer
                              I have a strong feeling that we are not getting the whole story here.
                              A man wearing a $360,000 wrist watch does not serve 20 years in prison for...
                              Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X