Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you sleep with a gun under your pillow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a child, I came to my grandfather because of a bad dream. He was so scared and pulled out a gun, as I later realized which had always been under his pillow. Obviously, I ended up being more nervous lol. This was gaining momentum when I started waking up in the middle of the night because of nightmares. None of the dream books help me until my girlfriend told me about Amanda's blog with dream meanings. It was useful for me but more fascinating for my girlfriend.
    Last edited by DanielRed; 07-31-2020, 08:07 AM. Reason: recent experince

Comment

1911 and hi cap 9 and .380 and .22 all within 4 steps of the bed. I can lay on my back in bed and touch my safe. Let’s just say all those pistols are to just buy time to get the safe open. And a good flashlight. I sleep well with no worries. And two good watchdogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
        1911 and hi cap 9 and .380 and .22 all within 4 steps of the bed. I can lay on my back in bed and touch my safe. Let’s just say all those pistols are to just buy time to get the safe open. And a good flashlight. I sleep well with no worries. And two good watchdogs.
        I depend more on the dogs than I do on the guns.
        No kids in the house.
        S&W "M&P" on nightstand, AR beside bed. Dogs are just a vocal, nonelectric alarm. Both being Rotty's, they are pretty intimidating. If they will give me 10 to 15 seconds, I can be actively armed and ready.

Comment

Similar Setup Bubba, great minds think alike.

12 gauge Pump in the corner of the room within a step, .45 loaded with +P in the nightstand. Under the pillow seems unnecessary but that JMHO

Comment

Strange things happen. A Law Enforcement officer in Penn, several years ago kept his duty weapon on the night stand. One night the phone rang and I guess he wasn't fully awake because he picked up the weapon and shot himself in the head thinking it was the phone.

Comment

Still got the .357 S&W on the nightstand, AND a K-Bar. Short barrel shotgun real handy, still, and .45 ACP in the side pocket of my recliner. Got an M1A and about five full mags ready, just in case some of those antifa or blm communists ever happen to stray this far down in TEXAS. And a real loudmouth yappy dog dachshund that lets us know when a cat stomps across the front porch!

Comment

You can't have too many cup-holders in your vehicle nowadays.

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad