Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you know about Glock's?

How much do you know about Glock's?

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/five-things-you-might-not-know-about-glock

Comment

Very interesting, jimbo!
      No, I didn't know all that.
      I tried 2 poly AR15 lowers.
      My mind just can't come to grips with "polymer" and "gun" belonging in the same sentence.
      I won't say they're no good, my "OFS" just doesn't like plastic...and I even like the old Rem Nylon 66!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/five-things-you-might-not-know-about-glock
        IN Glock We Trust....I love them, I now have Four..A G~43 may be next.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          Very interesting, jimbo!
          No, I didn't know all that.
          I tried 2 poly AR15 lowers.
          My mind just can't come to grips with "polymer" and "gun" belonging in the same sentence.
          I won't say they're no good, my "OFS" just doesn't like plastic...and I even like the old Rem Nylon 66!
          I used to think that way to, but I learned there are a million different compounds of 'plastic' and they each have their own particular properties. Some of the tougher ones are tougher than steel in many ways.
          I have a Bell&Carlson synthetic, plus some factory synthetic stocks and they all seem to be fine.
          I shoot bowling pins with my Glock 22C and it does fine with my reloads. Never have a FTF or FTE. Mine is 2nd gen but I don't see a need to upgrade.
          The Glock is my 'go with me to camp gun'.

Comment

Knew 4 of the 5.
            BTW, my buddy just blew up a new 10mm. Have yet to figure out what really happened........but he only got a couple of minor cuts and the frame while cracked and missing a chunk, held together.
            My guess is that he stuck one in rapid fire and pushed it out with the next.
            He bought another to keep running while that one went back to the factory.
            His lesser IPSC rigs.........I know he blew one up at least twice.
            Personally I don't like the looks or feel, but dang if they aren't tough enough and shoot well for me.
            I'd have to take a Glock over a Sig (the latter no worky for me).
            Eh, Ill stick with my 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
              Knew 4 of the 5.
              BTW, my buddy just blew up a new 10mm. Have yet to figure out what really happened........but he only got a couple of minor cuts and the frame while cracked and missing a chunk, held together.
              Personally I don't like the looks or feel, but dang if they aren't tough enough and shoot well for me.
              The 65% LE market share........that might be due to clever marketing programs.

Many think the high purchase/usage rate is telling only of a product's superiority.

Comment

Did you know some firearm manufacturer's skip using "666" in their serial numbers?

Glock doesn't.

On such a forum, for odd serial numbers, such a Glock was posted and the poster banned. Because the mods said he lied.
                He was so honked off he sent copies of the 4473 and was reinstated.

Yeah, the mod was a Glock know it all.
                I find most carriers of the G pistol to be more hype than substance.

Hell, it's as though strapping such a handgun on one's hip can make them walk across water.

That forum and another dedicated to another platform are probably the worst I've seen on the web. Idiotville and Worthlessburg.

Comment

Did you know some firearm manufacturer's skip using "666" in their serial numbers?

Glock doesn't.

On such a forum, for odd serial numbers, such a Glock was posted and the poster banned. Because the mods said he lied.
                  He was so honked off he sent copies of the 4473 and was reinstated.

Yeah, the mod was a Glock know it all.
                  I find most carriers of the G pistol to be more hype than substance.

Hell, it's as though strapping such a handgun on one's hip can make them walk across water.

That forum and another dedicated to another platform are probably the worst I've seen on the web. Idiotville and Worthlessburg.
                  I won't own a Glock simply because of the avg Glock owner.
                  Try to distance myself a bit.

Do think it funny, how the state police some time back had to have "safety cards" to drill/grill the underlings when afield........because they had so many AD' with Glocks.

Yup, too many think finger off the trigger is also finger out of the trigger guard..........when they holster it the finger moves back onto the trigger by bashing holster edge and Kaboom!

I asked a higher ranking person what the card would do to stop such stupidity. He said nothing, was just a legal CYA.

Comment

Knew 4 of the 5.
                    BTW, have seen a few guns ring a bbl or blow up on ranges. There enough shooters are blasting, it's hard to hear your own gun's odd report.

Just another reason to shoot when nobody else is on the range. Might save you from wrecking your gun.

Comment

Not a fan of glocks. They do not have a fully supported chamber. So the brass casing in.40cal has to be ran in bulge buster die to make sure it will feed in other .40cal pistols. I suspect that's what happened with your buddies 10mm. I have no problem with glocks, other than that. I wouldn't own one in .40,10mm or .45 i would own a 9mm, but I love my 1911 it doubles as a club should I happen to run out of ammo. But I carry 3 extra mags so I don't see that being a problem. My personal pic for polymer pistols are Springfield xd I have owned several and they all been top notch. And I would agree there seems a kind of certain of what person that owns glocks. There's nothing really wrong with them just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Bruce Willis was able to get a Glock through airport security in Die Hard just because it was a Glock? Everything that goes on screen just sucks these days, doesn't it?
                        I saw the super bowl half time show and a little bit of the game because there was a television in front of my table at the restaurant I was at, and let me say, I enjoyed the upset stomach that greasy over cooked brisket and too many raw are onions gave me more than that performance.

Back to subject, I've never had anything against Glocks, although, and this is one of the few instances I break with preferring pure practically, I do just like 1911s better. Less capacity, heavier (arguably an advantage, I suppose), perhaps more prone to rust, and does sometimes have trouble feeding hollow points, but I do appreciate a safety and the 1911's slim profile, but aside from that, it's just so "Merican."

Comment

My gripe with the Glock is that it has three passive independently operating mechanical safeties, all disengaged at a touch of the trigger.
                          In effect, this is the same as having no safeties at all.

Comment

Knew 4 of the 5.
                            Was he shooting factory ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              My gripe with the Glock is that it has three passive independently operating mechanical safeties, all disengaged at a touch of the trigger.
                              In effect, this is the same as having no safeties at all.
                              How do you figure that? If you don't touch the trigger, the safety is ON.
                              The shooter has to be part of the equation unless he is so stupid he can no comprehendo.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Racoons
                                by PigHunter
                                Of course you can. Just shoot, shovel, and shut up. Practicing the three S's will keep you out of trouble....
                                Today, 12:43 AM
                              • Racoons
                                by kbailey45us
                                Not sure if this is right spot for this but here goes. I have racoons coming up and eating my cats food as well as possums. I know I can shoot them right...
                                Yesterday, 05:14 PM
                              • Reply to Snapshot
                                by PigHunter
                                I gave up on film many years ago. It's inferior in many ways.
                                Today, 12:34 AM
                              • Snapshot
                                by jhjimbo
                                What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to cooler this year
                                by jhjimbo
                                Ohio is forecast colder and more snow. I hope so, maybe it will kill off some of the bugs....
                                Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X