Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti Gun Politician and New Jersey Democratic Senate President Steve Sweeney turned on his sprinklers on to wet the Pro Gun Protesters walking on his sidewalk in front of his house. Then, the Dope even admits he did it on purpose to protect his famil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Gun Politician and New Jersey Democratic Senate President Steve Sweeney turned on his sprinklers on to wet the Pro Gun Protesters walking on his sidewalk in front of his house. Then, the Dope even admits he did it on purpose to protect his famil

Anti Gun Politician and New Jersey Democratic Senate President Steve Sweeney turned on his sprinklers on to wet the Pro Gun Protesters walking on his sidewalk in front of his house. Then, the Dope even admits he did it on purpose to protect his family. Law Enforcement was already there keeping the peace. Sweeney's wife was pissed, and telling gun owners to take there protest to Trenton or to Sweeney's office. I bet Sweeney got an ear full from his wife that evening? What do you think should pro gun owners take their protest signs to the home of all anti gun Democrats? See the NJ.com video in my first post.

The brother of Carol Browne was at the protest.
    Ms. Browne had a court restraining order and a security alarm system installed against her former boyfriend.
    She was waiting for a handgun permit to protect herself against her ex boyfriend.
    She was stabbed and died defenseless by the hands of her ex boyfriend on her own driveway.
    I blame the NJ liberal politicians like Sweeney for killing Ms. Browne with the long drawn out wait to get a gun.

The video follows the store ad.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/nj_senate_president_turns_his_sprinklers_on_gun_ri .html#incart_river

Comment

I can deal with the demonstrations, both pro and anti. When they start involving families, I think that's a bit much.
      Scott Walker had to endure death threats against his wife and children because of his political position (and another reason to get rid of public unions in my opinion!)!
      Keep it either in the streets (no looting!) or around their office, leave the families out of it.

Comment

Hey Bubba,
        Steve Sweeney is an officer of the Ironworkers Union. I guess he got a taste of his own medicine.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2014/02/steve_sweeney_named_administrator_of_embattled_iro nworkers_local_401_in_philadelphia.html

I believe if a liberal politician wants to mess with my personal property being my firearms, then it's fair to take the protest to the front his personal property. A protest at your home hurts ten times more then your work place or at the Capital building.
        Just ask the Senate President's wife.

Maybe gun owners should take their protest to Diane Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi house?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          Ms. Browne had a court restraining order and a security alarm system installed against her former boyfriend.
          She was waiting for a handgun permit to protect herself against her ex boyfriend.
          She was stabbed and died defenseless by the hands of her ex boyfriend on her own driveway.
          I blame the NJ liberal politicians like Sweeney for killing Ms. Browne with the long drawn out wait to get a gun.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/nj_senate_president_turns_his_sprinklers_on_gun_ri .html#incart_river
          it was her ex boyfriend not her ex husband. I stated.i made the corrections on my post above. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

Wow, I screwed that comment up. " It was her ex boyfriend not her ex husband as I stated. I made the corrections on my post above." Sorry again.

Comment

If Sweeney holds "ANY" position, compensated or not, in a "union", he has no business holding an elected political office. I don't care if it's only "Undersec'y to the Dog Pound Cleaner"!
              ...and just one more reason unions have no place in the public workforce!!!

Comment

Playing Devil's advocate here, I'll point out that one of our side's saving graces is how often anti-hunters and animal-rights people go way overboard and make themselves look like lunatics. As annoying as it is to us, it actually does us a huge favor. I think taking this demonstration to the politician's home is doing the same thing, in reverse. Even if it's a peaceful, level-headed demonstration, taking it to the guy's house, where his family lives, can be seen as going overboard. At home, he's a husband and father; he didn't sign any bills there or give any speeches there. I've written my local assemblywoman's office two letters, emailed I don't know how many times, and spoken to her in person twice, about my right to gun ownership -- but if I were invited to a demonstration outside her front door, I'd pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  Playing Devil's advocate here, I'll point out that one of our side's saving graces is how often anti-hunters and animal-rights people go way overboard and make themselves look like lunatics. As annoying as it is to us, it actually does us a huge favor. I think taking this demonstration to the politician's home is doing the same thing, in reverse. Even if it's a peaceful, level-headed demonstration, taking it to the guy's house, where his family lives, can be seen as going overboard. At home, he's a husband and father; he didn't sign any bills there or give any speeches there. I've written my local assemblywoman's office two letters, emailed I don't know how many times, and spoken to her in person twice, about my right to gun ownership -- but if I were invited to a demonstration outside her front door, I'd pass.
                  The protest took place on back to back weekends when gun owners are off from work. Going to an empty office or to a statehouse on a weekend when the only people there are the cleaning crew doesn't work for me.
                  Thanks for your opinion. +1

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    If Sweeney holds "ANY" position, compensated or not, in a "union", he has no business holding an elected political office. I don't care if it's only "Undersec'y to the Dog Pound Cleaner"!
                    ...and just one more reason unions have no place in the public workforce!!!
                    Yes Bubba, he is still the Administrator for the Ironworkers Union and he sits on the Ironworkers District Council.

Comment

I think the importance of maintaining credibility for your cause, i.e. not going overboard and involving the guy's home and family, is more important than what's convenient in terms of your work schedule.

Comment

I think if Sweeney wants to mess with the second amendment then let him get a taste of the first amendment. Sportsmen have protested at the state capital for years in New Jersey. The Dems kept writing new gun laws after gun laws including one that stopped Carol Browne from getting a handgun in time to save her life from her insane boyfriend. It's Time for NJ Sportsmen to go the extra mile and take it to their homes. Again, it was peaceful and professional with law enforcement watching. Sweeney is a lies. His daughter wasn't scared that's a bunch of BS. I bet the Ironworkers protest at home of business owners who hire non union employees and jobs
                        Maybe this peaceful protest on public property in front of Sweeney's home will work.

Comment

I see your point, that it was a matter of taking an extra-mile kind of step and doing something that probably nobody would have felt was necessary if there'd been reason and compromise earlier. I can see that. In terms of the work schedule thing, I also realize that not everybody gets a lot of personal days or vacation time to use. I meant to add that to my previous comment. Overall, I just hope that something like this doesn't become the norm.

Comment

In today's society no-one wants to accept responsibility or accountability for their actions or decisions. People weasel out by saying, "it's corporate policy", etc.. Somewhere, someone made a conscious decision.

In this case I feel the demonstrations are completely justified and would be thrilled if this became a trend. Let traitors and other assorted charlatans face the music.

Gotta love it when chickens come home to roost.

Comment

I can deal with Demonstration for a good cause and may be Changing his mind.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad