Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your area sound like a war zone on the 4th of July with everyone shooting their guns off into the air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your area sound like a war zone on the 4th of July with everyone shooting their guns off into the air?

Does your area sound like a war zone on the 4th of July with everyone shooting their guns off into the air?

Not only is it against the law in Los Angeles to fire a gun into the air on the Fourth, it is illegal for stores to sell ammunition the week of the Fourth.

Comment

When I was younger, I stayed in Chicago on the 4th to visit the future Mrs. Buckshott00. Now most fireworks are supposed to be illegal in IL but being so close to Indiana and Wisconsin it doesn't stop anyone. Anyway the experience soured me on fireworks. The whole city was a mess and yes there was gun fire. I was driving with my windows down hearing reports all around me, sharp reports of gun fire mixed with fire crackers small mortars and rockets, and M80's while bigger mortars were echoing off the lake, smoke making it hard to drive, and helicopters were flying over head. didn't care for it

Comment

It's also Illegal in the State of Florida to Shoot Fire Arms off in the Air,But with all the Fire Works Show all over the State,It's the aftermath with People,Homes,Cars,Swimming Pools with bullet holes and bullets in them!

Comment

I will say without a doubt no. We have not reached that level of dumb.

Comment

Illegal in most states. We do have a few goof balls around here that do. On a personal note I would like to see fireworks legalized. We have been celebrating the 4th with rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air since 1776. Yes, some people are idiots and do dumb things but most of us are careful with them and cause no harm.

Comment

My town has tons of fireworks going off. It also against the law to fire firearms in the anti gun state of New Jersey.
              The only time I ever here gun fire is at midnight when it is pitch black during the New Years. Many high power rifles going off then.
              Sounds Awesome and I love it!

Comment

Not here! Not unless they want to lose their guns and spend a few months in jail.

Comment

No guns here, just lots of big fireworks! We are doing some muzzleloader and target shooting out back this afternoon, but that's not unusual on any other day. ;-)

Comment

No I live in the city sadly.

Comment

I don't think too many firearms are used here, but fireworks, sadly too many, we are in a fire watch and people should layoff the big stuff but they won't, every corner is a fireworks stand, for this weekend and again for the "days of 47".
                      I don't mind the noise or the show, but I am concerned about the fire damage, we are just one tinder box this time of year.

Comment

That's a sad "state" of events Mr.Myles. It's economics must have been good to you for I don't picture "the most interesting man in the world" putting up with those politics for long.

Comment

It has started, a lot of 12ga, big centerfire rifle and some big handgun shooting and it is only 9:30 pm.
                          Keep your head covered if your area is like this.
                          A 200gr or 300gr slug falling to ground can make a big dent in a skull.

Comment

I'm not expecting the discharge of any firearms because that's an express ticket to the county jail, but we're expecting another night of fireworks…and my dogs REALLY don't appreciate that! I'm guessing the dogs and I will take cover under the bed until the barrage is over.

Comment

Hey Y'all

Interesting question of physics and ballistics.
                              The bullet leaves the barrel vertically at 2500 fps, reaches the apex, stops and then starts to accelerated downward. It reaches terminal velocity at some point because of air density but it is traveling much slower than its initial velocity.

Not to say that it can't kill you and I hope that we are all safe this morning.

Sidney in AL

ps. Birmingham has installed detectors in 'troubled' areas of the city. Somehow, they are able to tell the difference between firearms discharge and fireworks.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad