Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with a Browning BDA/Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP? What is one in great shape worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with a Browning BDA/Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP? What is one in great shape worth?

Anyone have experience with a Browning BDA/Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP? What is one in great shape worth?

I have used a P220, and my favorite pistol round is .45 used it since a kid but I don't care for the feel of it. Personally my favorite .45 is a 1911 can't beat a classic

Comment

WAM~Your BDA/Sig Euro,in"great Shape" 90%-95%on the Hi-End Book $375.00...(NIB)$560.00 Mfg.1977-80

Comment

WAM, my father in law had one and said he wishes he never got rid of it. One of the most accurate pistols he owned.

Comment

Tree,
          It's a straight Browning BDA, not BDA or Sig Euro model. I have not seen one for sale less than $550 - 700 range.

Comment

Sorry-WAM Can't find what you have. I list the Browning BDA in 45Acp Made by Sig Sauer in W-Germany(same as Sig Sauer 220)Note: Sig used Browning as an importer. WAM does your BDA have one or two Names on it.

Comment

My book shows only one BDA, mfg '77 to'80 by Sig Sauer in .45 same as Sig Sauer 220. Value 100% $600, 98% $500.

Comment

Thanks Fellas!

Comment

The Browning BDA handgun was manufactured starting in 1977 by Sig-Sauer in Germany, with Browning branding. It was a Euro style P220 in .45 ACP, 9mm, and 38 Super. The most popular are the .45 ACP and 9mm versions. The .45 ACP magazines, unlike the P220, hold only 7 rounds.

Although some value estimating sources judge this gun to be worth no more than $550, one was recently sold at auction with the original box and manual for $1400.

This gun was designed based on the French MAB35 which was an improved version of the FN Browning Hi-Power. The design is known as the Petter-Browning and was based on John M. Browning's Hi-Power.

I purchased one of these in 1978 and have been very pleased with it. It's accuracy far exceeded the accuracy of .45 ACP handguns generally available out of the box to the point that it shot more accurately than the .45 ACP ammunition was believed to be capable of shooting.

It is a full sized handgun. It feels larger to me than the Colt M1911A1. The Browning was based on the first versions of the P220 and it has a 7 round magazine with a heel catch and lanyard. It was originally intended for Swiss Police use, which is why it was equipped this way.

The Browning BDA is NOT based on the SIG P210 pistol. The design incorporates design features from the JP Sauer & Sohn 38H model which featured a double action/single action trigger as well as a decocking lever. The BDA has a positive firing pin block as well as other safe design features that make it one of the safest handguns in use.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not sure how old this post is but the bda sig system 45 is a high end gun depending on condition. Be prepared to pay upwards of 850.00 for a never fired with original bix and mags.

Comment

Very old. I have a P220 .45 acp now.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad