Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in talks with my uncle to buy his Mosin Nagant. I've seen them go anywhere from $120 in my area to $180, it comes with about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in talks with my uncle to buy his Mosin Nagant. I've seen them go anywhere from $120 in my area to $180, it comes with about

I'm in talks with my uncle to buy his Mosin Nagant. I've seen them go anywhere from $120 in my area to $180, it comes with about 500 rounds of surplus ammo

If it is in decent shape it is a good price. The ammo is probably worth $200. It would be solid bullets if surplus so not good for hunting. Soft point ammo only for hunting.

Comment

I knew about the soft point vs the fmj for hunting and I can get the soft points pretty cheap from a local shop. The price is where we can agree, lowest he'll go is $150 and that's the highest I'll go

Comment

JMO~~ $120.00 would be a good deal. I would Not pay more, He can't use the ammo with-out the Rifle??

Comment

The $150 price is pretty good considering all the ammo that comes with it. You would not be likely to shoot 500 rounds at deer in 20 lifetimes. Therefore you will have to shoot it at targets and varmints. The FMJ ammo is ideal for most target and varmint shooting and will be very useful. One box of soft point hunting ammo should give you 5-10 years of deer hunting when combined with this load of ammo.

Comment

I could try to talk him down but he's the guy that taught me all about talking people down on price. So I don't know how well that would go over

Comment

Sound like a good deal. 500 rounds of surplus ammo is worth about $85.

Comment

I'd give him $150 and then sell the rifle for $140 and then sell the ammo for $85 for a $75 profit to put towards a good rifle.

Comment

WAM you old Currmudgin (sp) you'd make a good motivational speaker you know it?

Comment

Buy high and sell low has been my motto....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad