Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, looking into some new slugs this year. How are the Remington Accutip's? Bought two boxes of them today and planning to sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, looking into some new slugs this year. How are the Remington Accutip's? Bought two boxes of them today and planning to sig

So, looking into some new slugs this year. How are the Remington Accutip's? Bought two boxes of them today and planning to sight them in tomorrow. Are they as good as they "claim" they are. And are the accurate at 150 plus?

What you shooting them in? Your gun may not like them, it may like hornaday, federals, or some other brand. The slug is a great shooter and expands great on impact.

Comment

Shooting a 870.

Comment

its a good slug but like e.j.h said, they may not be the best for your gun. If this is the case, I would recommend the Hornady sxt

Comment

My 870 20 guage loves them. I don't shoot anything else through it. I would have no problem shooting at 150 or above. Each deer I clean after shooting with them there are pieces of the slug through out. I don't know that there is any expansion so to say but it breaks up and just destroys them. 2-3 deer have dropped in their tracks and the farthest that 1 has gone is about 60 yards

Comment

The slugs are 1/3 the equation, the gun and shooter figure in there someplace.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad