Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A acquaintance of mine is selling his Thompson Center Pro Hunter 22-250 stainless steel barrel with a nikon buckmasters scope. A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A acquaintance of mine is selling his Thompson Center Pro Hunter 22-250 stainless steel barrel with a nikon buckmasters scope. A

A acquaintance of mine is selling his Thompson Center Pro Hunter 22-250 stainless steel barrel with a nikon buckmasters scope. According to him it has 20 rounds through it but the gun and scope is 2 years old. I tried to get the BlueBook Value of it but didn't feel like paying to register for the dang site. Does anyone know the worth of it? Looks like it is in good shape. He is selling it for 700. Fair price?

He shore not loosing Money on it at $700.00 My Gun guide shows $415.00 with out Scope at 98%
    Used Nikon Scopes on E-Bay $135 to $195??
    my offer would be $ 550.00 Dep, on Condition.

Comment

Same, I would offer $550, and $600 at most. You can buy better rifles in my opinion for much less, but sure does sound sweet.

Comment

Not being a smart a## but since it is a T/C I wouldn't give him $100.00 for it and that would only be for the scope.

Comment

The scope is probaly worth $140 up to maybe $200 if it's in great condition. As for the rifle maybe $400 to $500 at most if it's in extraordinary condition.

Comment

I was thinking 700 was a little steep, myself. I don't really have any interest in buying it but I was just curious about the actual value. The scope was originally 200. So it is probably 140 at most.

Comment

My book shows a 2006 pro hunter 28" barrel, FlexTech Stock, with or without thumb hole. 98% condition $595. The scope is probably in the $125 range.
              With a 28" barrel that could be a real bean field shooter.

Comment

Value is what somebody is willing pay.
                When pricing any item I want to sell, I always price it a little high.
                If someone is "really" interested, they'll make an offer. Pricing a bit high givesyou some "wiggle" room and makes the buyer feel better.

Comment

$700 sounds like the price at an expensive ny gun store. I agree with the $500 range for a fair offer. Sounds like your "acquaintance" may be a little more distant to you than you believe and is trying to recoup all expenditures.

Comment

$550 tops, sounds like a good friend selling it to you at retail!

Comment

I'm with Sarge.

Comment

Blue book has gun listed from 275.00 on up to 725.00. 475.00 mid - range price. like the other guys said, something around 550.00 to 600.00 would be a good deal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad