Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys do you think ammo prices will go back down? And when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys do you think ammo prices will go back down? And when?

Hey guys do you think ammo prices will go back down? And when?

I think ammo prices will go down if: 1. People stop buying ammo by the case-load, and instead buy it in usable, reasonable quantities. or 2. Ammo makers find new manufacturing techniques to meed demand.

Comment

yes, the supplier will eventually catch up to demand.

Comment

I meant supply; not supplier

Comment

I really think that it will go down and maybe even be less than it was before for a short time. Once the suppliers start to gain ground I think there will be a short period when they create an over supply. Keep your eyes open and be patient.

Comment

But we all know why demand is up, right? Because of fear that pretty soon we won't have any.

Nate

Comment

I think a lot of factors are in play here, metal prices and transports costs for a couple of things. Bullets have a lot more copper in em these days. The price of copper rose to fantastic heights last year then crashed. Now it is rising again. The cost of the nitrates and other chemicals used to synthesise propellants are linked to the cost of the deisel used to transport them in bulk (usually by rail). Deisel fuel is going up again, albeit that it isn't skyrocketing like last year. With these factors all influencing enhanced costs, I don't think we can expect prices to go down anytime soon.

Comment

Doubt it. Once companies realize they can raise their price and people will still buy, they have no incentive to lower the price.

Comment

Bella,

You are an economic wunderkind! I'd say your market analysis is spot on.

Comment

Very indepth answer Bella, thanks. I myself am hoping for an Ammo Bubble, and some low prices after it bursts.

Comment

I think they will go back down as soon as the supply catches up with the demand as well as the price of copper goes down... People need to stop hoarding ammo in fear of it being taken away, but that is a legitimate fear. So I would have to say... when we get a new president who is not as anti-gun as the one now.

Comment

Florida Hunter.... I wonder how they like change now! good message.

Comment

As long as fear of an anti-gun Washington persists, I believe that ammo prices will remain high. In the Northeast virtually every box of ammo is being snatched up as soon as it hits the shelves. I talk to everyone I see about their buying habits and the overwhelming response is that they are simply afraid that they may not be able to purchase ammo in the future. I personally feel that ammo prices will stabilize at a higher price than we are used to paying.

Comment

when we get a new pres.

Comment

look for prices to drop around 3/00/10 when the demmand and supply are equall agian .if the gorverment stays out of the 2nd amed rights untill then and dose not start another panick and the hording of ammo all over again

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by PigHunter
                                I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                                Today, 02:16 PM
                              • Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                                Today, 12:21 PM
                              • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                                by fitch270
                                I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                                Today, 01:40 PM
                              • 300 yard .22lr
                                by jhjimbo
                                Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                                Today, 11:28 AM
                              • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                                Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X