Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought 2 boxes of Hornady Leverevolution, has anybody ever used it if so how does it work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought 2 boxes of Hornady Leverevolution, has anybody ever used it if so how does it work

I just bought 2 boxes of Hornady Leverevolution, has anybody ever used it if so how does it work

It Goes BANG every time.......Lol
    I have used it in Almost Every Caliber it came in. 35Rem,30/30,44Mag,357Mag. All with good Accuracy and Stella Performance on White Tales well be on a 100+Yd.

Comment

I haven't used it, but I worked the gun counter in a large sporting goods store when it came out. Many, many customers said it the increased accuracy and range in lever guns really was "revolutionary."

Comment

It works like any other center fire ammo. The firing pin strikes the prim......
        I've used Hornady ammo "some". The only "problem" I've had was some 6.8mm ammo.
        I reload,ergo, I pick up my brass. The Rem ammo I use is loaded with large rifle primers. The Hornady ammo had small rifle primers and they were "crimped"! Therefore, I don't buy Hornady ammo in 6.8mm without checking the primers. Other than that, I've got no problem with Hornady ammo.

Comment

BTW! I've got some Hornady .22 Hornet brass. Those primers weren't crimped.

Comment

The way it "works" is to enable shooters with tubular magazines to shoot spitzer type bullets without fear of a chain reaction in the magazine when the tip of one bullet came sharply into contact with the primer of the round in front of it.
            This was a blessing to one-gun hunters who found that the spitzer type bullets extended their range.

Comment

I've tried the .357 Mag ammunition in my Marlin M1984 lever action and it cycled without a problem, printed with gratfyingly good accuracy at 50 and 75 yards. I should add, my Marlin digests 125-gr bullets of every brand I've tried, but the Leverevolution ammo performed as well or better than my handloads. A shooter on an adjacent bench at the range was considering the purchase of a Marlin lever action like mine, nodded approvingly, asked to try mine and commented, "Yes, I must get one of these!"

Comment

I used it to sight in my 45/70. It worked well enough to get it dialed in before final sighting in with the ammo I hunt with. I have not shot any animals with it as I like Barnes bullets for hunting.
                It gets high marks for accuracy and flatter trajectories in lever action rifles from many online reviewers on Cabelas etc.

Comment

I have several boxes for my S&W 460. Have not taken any game but very accurate and flat shooting.

Comment

I have put many boxes of the Leverevolution through my 45-70 marlin, they shoot well, but they do not feed as smooth as flat or round nose lead does at least in my gun.

Comment

In my 45-70 they have too much horsepower. The cowboy action rounds in 45-70 are just about right for deer hunting in heavy brush. More power doesn’t always translate to better.

Comment

I first tried them in a new Marlin 336, 30-30. The first two shots were touching. Wow, I am really on to something. For accuracy they are super. Have not taken game yet but I am sure they will do the job.

Comment

Hornady has been making , and still makes incredible top quality products. The Leverevolution ammo has been great out of my Ruger No. 1 (.45-70), although in order to know how it will work out of your rifles you must try it. Rifles can be finnicky when it comes to ammo and some rifles will group certain ammo better than others. your particular rifle may for instance group federal premiums better, so putting your rifle on the bench is the best answer to your question. Aim small miss small!!!!!!

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

My grandad uses them in a .444 Marlin and they are great. Can't go wrong with Hornady.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad