Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most favorite gun? What gun do you like the best to hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your most favorite gun? What gun do you like the best to hunt with?

What is your most favorite gun? What gun do you like the best to hunt with?

I always have to qualify a question like this with "favorite for what?". I enjoy varminting (pest elimination) and my #1 rifle for that is a heavy-barreled Rem 700BDL in .22-250 with a Weaver 16X Micro-Trac scope, and my back-up is a Howa heavy-barreled .223 with a 10X Mil-Dot scope. Both are very accurate.
    My primary "general purpose" rifle is a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight Carbine in .250 Savage, topped by a Redfield 3-9X scope.
    Photos of these rifles and others are in my profile.

Comment

That varies from time to time, often depending on which one is seeing the most use in any given month.
      Presently, I have been shooting my Colt Woodsman pistol for target practice, and relearning its many virtues after being packed away in storage for many months.

Comment

for me it changes from time to time, right now it is my Marlin .45-70, just love the way it shoots!

Comment

model 70 .270

Comment

A Browning High Wall in 30-06 with a Burris 3X9 scope. Second a S&W 460 with a Bushnell 2X6 scope

Comment

Favorite is a Savage in 22-250 with a Nikon 8 x 35 x 50 Monarch scope because it is so doggone accurate. Favorite hunting rifle changes from time to time; right now it is a Sako Finnbear in 30-06 Sprng with a Zeiss 3 x 9 x 40 scope.

Comment

Only one? I'm fickle in the same 99 is.

Comment

May as well ask who my favorite child is, in that it is impossible to answer.

Comment

My Favorite Marlin 1894P/44mag 16/5" Bbl. the Rifle I use the most a Winchester Per64/M-70/17Hornet 3-9x40 Bushnell,Ruger MkII 223/4-14x40 Sightron.

Comment

870 or marlin .22s

Comment

Well said, Proverbs. Just like my kids, some days I like one better than the other.
                        My favorite shotgun is the Belgian made Browning Superposed 12 ga. I got for high school graduation in 1963, and my current favorite rifle is the Savage 11 in 7mm-08. Favorite handgun is a Glock 22 .40 cal.

Comment

tought to beat an 870 12. You can hunt just about any game with it in North America and it dosent break the bank to shoot it. I got an 887 two christmases ago and while I like my old school 870...but the new kid on the pump shotgun block at Remington isint a slouch either. I really like my Savage .17HMR to...really excited about the new .17 caliber cartrige and rifle coming out at the end of the summer! Gotta find a way to get my grubby little paws on one!

Comment

Are you supposed to have a favorite? Kind of like having a favorite child. If I expressed a favorite gun, the rest would get jealous, break out in rust spots and a rash of the missed shot syndrome, and just generally misbehave. It has taken years and some good advice from Petzal (Beat um' regularly!) to raise a good crop of well behaved firearms. I will NOT jeopardize that happy state of affairs by naming a favorite, which will probably change tomorrow, anyway.

Comment

My hunting habits and firearm collection are too complex for one favorite firearm. Some of my favorites are old friends with long histories. An old Remington Custom Shop 40X single shot, bull barrel, in 22/250; an 06 customized by Frank Pachmeyer; a 300 Win Mag by Monty Kennedy; a 375 by Ike Ellis; a 416 Rigby by Griffin & Howe; and a 470 Nitro Express by LeBeau Courally. These have all been used hard and will never be sold.

Believe have written these comments before, many apologies.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad