Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys. I have tried to avoid "venting" on here as much as possible, but that common sense twig in my brain just got snapped,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys. I have tried to avoid "venting" on here as much as possible, but that common sense twig in my brain just got snapped,

Hey Guys. I have tried to avoid "venting" on here as much as possible, but that common sense twig in my brain just got snapped, or maybe set on fire. As of today, my home-state Maryland became one of the top five most gun restricted states in the country. I want to move, but can't. Money is tight and i just got accepted to the IB program at my one of my local highschools. Probably won't be able to move till college. Sorry, i just couldn't hold it in. -Jack

You are not alone. More and more people are voting with their feet.
    That's the nice thing about federalism, where the states retain so much power.

Comment

Some in Connecticut are advocating "confiscating" any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. Not registering or "turning in", but CONFISCATION!
      Sounds like they're talking about kicking down doors! Sure glad I don't live up there!

Comment

You can choose to move to a better place or make the place you are better. Get involved and let your voice be heard. You are not alone.

Comment

Hey Bubba, didn't the Nazis Gestapo go door to door back during the years of Hitler?
          I hope to God, that the door to door Storm Troopers never come to this country.

Comment

Gary

ABC Evening News with Diane Sawyer didn't elaborate on how the "confiscation", could, would or "might" go down.
            What Diane DID say was, "...some of the Newtown parents are calling for "confiscation" of magazines holding more than 10 rounds...", implying a mere "ban" eas insufficient! ....or just a "subliminal suggestion"?

Comment

On MSNBC tonight they showed a picture of Hillary with her eye on 2016. She will be a tough one to defeat. If she won the Presidency that would be the coup de grace for the 2nd amendment.

Comment

No confiscation here in CT. However, here is what is going to happen. One will need a "state certificate" (includes finger printing, background check etc) to buy any gun, ammo, or magazine. Fortunately for me, my pistol permit covers that. Secondly, I may retain my magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, but I have to "register" them. Also, outside of a shooting range or my home, I may not load them with more than 10 rounds. Finally, our "assault weapons" ban has increased by 100 guns. Essentially any rifle/shotgun with a pistol grip/thumbhole stock is now banned from being bought, sold, transferred or imported into the state. I get to keep my AR's but they also have to be "registered." I do believe there is a provision for leaving them to family members in a will, but I may be wrong. Yep, welcome to my world!

Comment

By the way, that law just passed this morning. Some goes into effect immediately, some not till October, and some not till January 1st 2014.

Comment

Yo-Moose1980 Thanks for the heads-up! I thank my luckey stars,I retired to the Great State of Florida(1986)and not have to put-up with Bull/S#it up North!

Comment

Thanks for the update Moose!
                      Do you think ALL citizens will comply, law abiding or not?
                      Will it be an "honor" affair or do they intend to come to your home and check?
                      How, or have they said, do they intend to enforce these regulations?
                      How do you think this "bill" will affect gun ownership in Connecticut?
                      Do you think it will help curtail gun crimes?

Comment

Bubba, I think most law abiding citizens will, I sure plan too. As far as "registering" my AR's, the state and town I live in already know I own them, as they get sent a copy from all of our gun purchases, not quite sure how that isn't already registration. Regardless, if one does not "register" their "assault weapon" or more than 10 round magazine by the dates set, it becomes a class D felony. As far as gun sales go, it doesn't restrict how many guns a person can buy, etc. But I'm sure until the new bureaucratic BS is figured out, gun sales may slow. As I already have a pistol permit, its not going to stop me from buying guns or ammo. And no, its not going to curtail gun crimes as most of our gun crimes are done by gangbangers and druggies in the cities. As usual, the only ones who will be inconvenienced are those who broke no laws to begin with.

Comment

One more question Moose!
                          If it were possible or feasible, would you relocate outside the state of Connecticut and do you think others will, simply because of the "ban"?

Comment

Hey Moose, if you register your guns could it go out to the public for them to review? Will that come next, like treating law abiding gun owners like registered sex offenders?

Comment

Mdhunter1, you'll have to wait until you go to college apparently. Remember to apply at colleges that are located in pro 2nd Amendment states when you do. That will get you into a friendly state then search your arse off for a job in that state throughout college. Your safest bet is to get away from any coastal state other than Florida, Alabama, & Texas. The closer you get to the interior or fly over country the safer you are.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad