Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found out to some degree about the Luger. It was Mauser produced in 1942. But that doesn't explain why it's stainless. Any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out to some degree about the Luger. It was Mauser produced in 1942. But that doesn't explain why it's stainless. Any ideas

Found out to some degree about the Luger. It was Mauser produced in 1942. But that doesn't explain why it's stainless. Any ideas?

This is just a guess, but I'd say Naval Officers Model.

Comment

Shane I am not doubting your assessment of the metal used in the manufacture of your pistol but are you certain that it is not nickel plated or some similar finish rather than stainless? I have seen Nazi era Walther PPs and PPKs in many forms including ornately gold plated and highly engraved. Perhaps it is an experimental stainless pistol even though none of us are aware of one being produced during that time frame. I learned long ago that the only certainty in firearms especially European versions is uncertainty. I would suggest that perhaps you load some good photos for us or consult a reliable Luger or fine gun collector/appraiser. Maybe you have a P-08 that is worth more than the average Luger. When I was much younger my friends and I used to buy Lugers, P-38s, and vintage 1911s for $100 or so. Some of those same guns are worth thousands to the right person. At the least you have a shooting treasure and a great piece of history.

Comment

I agree with Ishawoo. I would betit is chrome plated, rather than stainless.

Jerry A.

Comment

Bet it

Comment

Some of it is definitely nickel plated, but some of it, especially the frame, is definitely raw stainless.

Comment

Raw stainless=unblued steel/iron?

Comment

I can't find a reference to ANY stainless guns before 1944.

Comment

Yeah me either...

Raw stainless as in non-plated.

Comment

Agreed with ishawooa and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad