Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion and/or definition, What is an "Assault Weapon"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion and/or definition, What is an "Assault Weapon"?

In your opinion and/or definition, What is an "Assault Weapon"?

Any weapon a politician is trying to ban.

Comment

Any object used to attack another person.
      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

That Name was given by(Germany)A.Hitler to a New Type Machine Gun during WWII(1943) and now a days the News "Meteor" Calls All Black,Brown..Semi/Auto Rifles Assault Weapons.

Comment

Assault is a behavior, not a object. so anything you can use to assault a person, baseball bat, snow shovel, .22 rifle, tire iron, anything that can be considered a weapon.

Comment

Technically an assault rifle/weapon is a firearm that has selective fire and fires an intermediate cartridge. But now it is an overuse term for any gun with a pistol grip or large mag.

Comment

If it lacks fully automatic capability, it's not an assault rifle, no matter how many menacing features it has.

Comment

And that means that an AR is not assault weapon.

Comment

An assault weapon is anything you can hurt another with. I can walk into my garage (where I keep no guns), and pick up 50+ different "assault weapons" and kill someone just as dead as with a gun.

And for all those people who think an AR is an Assault rifle is wrong. It actually stands for Armalite, the people who invented the style of weapon. I cant stand the people who think they stand for Assault Rifle.

Comment

Hi...

Assault weapons are the ones that are painted black and are qreatly over priced.

Comment

Assault Weapons, Machine Guns, Weapons of War, Cop Killer Bullets, Military Type Weapons, Weapons of Mass Destruction are terms used by the anti gun news media and the anti gun politicians to scared all the people in this country. If the media or the anti gun nuts said semi auto firearm it’s not as scary. It is a brilliant move by the anti gun camp to kept using those words because of the fear factor. It blows my mind when sportsmen on this site use same lingo as the antis.

Comment

An assault weapon is a firearm with selective fire that fires a mid-sized round. Or anything more advanced than a cap and ball rifle. The news media has confused my understanding of this matter.

Comment

Haha good one redfish. +1. As for my definition of assault weapons. Anything being used to harm another human durring the act. Note, its only an assault weapon during the act. I can assault someone with a pencile. Does that make the pencile dangerous while writing?

Comment

Ncarl

"pencile"? How about a "pencil"! LOL!
                            Sorry, couldn't resist!
                            Olin asked me to go help him with some errands. As a kid I respected and admired the old oil scout, but was puzzled by him getting into his car and pulling his pencil out of his pocket. When he got out of the car, he'd grab the pencil and put it back in his breast pocket on his shirt.
                            About the third time this transpired, I couldn't stand it so asked why the "routine" with the pencil.
                            A friend of his died in a car wreck. The only mark on the guy was where the pencil in his pocket had turned and stabbed him in the heart!
                            So, YEAH! Even a "pencile" can be an assault weapon!

Comment

What is an "Assault Weapon"?

An Assault Weapon doesn't exist!

It's a phrase a leftest focus group came up with back when they tried to ban AR15's

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad