Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well its getting closer to that point to where ill be able to get my concealed carry permit. im in the processing of looking at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well its getting closer to that point to where ill be able to get my concealed carry permit. im in the processing of looking at

well its getting closer to that point to where ill be able to get my concealed carry permit. im in the processing of looking at handguns to carry. ive shot kimbers, sigs, and this weekend im going to fire a glock. just based off research im leaning towards a glock 23 in .40, but again ill see if i like the feel of a glock this weekend. if anyone shoots a smith and wesson m&p; ive heard those are nice pieces to conceal, so input on those would be nice. but what do you guys carry? why did you choose that gun?

S&W Sigma (pre M&P) in polite company or a S&W Model 57 .41 Rem Mag slsewhere. Gar-on-teed one shot stop.....

Comment

S&W Model 637 Airweight .38 Special +P. If a firearm isn't light and comfortable a person isn't likely to carry it all of the time. When I retired I was carrying a Glock 23 .40cal. off duty but I wanted something lighter to carry and conceal. I also have Crimson Trace grips on my 637 also. Makes it real easy to hit your target. Bad guy had a real hard time wiping that red dot off his chest. Don't underestimate a .38 Special +P.

Comment

In the winter time when wearing long pants I carry the 637 in an ankle holster all of the time.

Comment

I love my Glock 23c in .40 s&w but i do not carry oncealed. Unfortunately that is strictly forbidden in NJ.

Comment

I carry a Glock 27 concealed. I have it for use as a back-up gun on duty (since the mags from my Glock 22 duty weapon will work in the 27) but also carry it off duty. I am a huge fan of Glock, and you won't find many cops who have bad things to say about them. The 23 is, of course, essentially the same weapon as either of mine.

I have shot an SW M&P on a few occasions. They shoot very well, and are in many ways very similar to a Glock. I would not hesitate to recommend them. They have a few more bells and whistles than a Glock, but I feel the Glock has them beat in reliability. Which is not to say that they are unreliable - they aren't, it's just that nothing is more reliable than a Glock.

Comment

I carry an old Colt Detective Special snubby in .38 Special +P.
              Although I have a number of compact automatics, I like the "six for sure" feature of a revolver.

Comment

My carry is a Glock 22c .40 s&w. 15rounds
                Real warm weather is a Grendel .380 12 shot.

Comment

I mostly carry my Glock 27 for off duty and as a back up at work, but I also have a Diamondback Arms .380 that I carry in a pocket holster if it's hot out and I'm wearing light clothing.

Comment

I usually carry my XD .40. Its a little bit big for a true conceal carry, but I really don't care if peoplr know that I have it or don't. I also have a Glock 19, 9mm, that feels so good in my hand, and it's light as hell. Shoots great too.

Comment

Scratch don't overlook Springfield Armory XDm they are excellent guns. They finally came out with the XDs which is a true conceal carry gun. I don't own one but have shot them countless time and love them. Another solid gun, and I own one is the Ruger SR9c great shooter but not as nice of a trigger as the XDm which from the dozen or four different guns I have shot XDm has the nicest "FACTORY" trigger.

Comment

I usually carry my 1911 in 10mm. I know some people will freak saying it is too big or heavy but it is my most reliable gun. I never had a issue that could not be fixed in a half second even after well over 1000 rounds cycled and I believe all the issues where my bad. I am also extremely comfortable and confident in shooting it. With a cross breed deluxe holster and my shirt not tucked in you have to be looking for a gun to see it. Note I'm 165 lbs with no extra padding. What I am trying to say is if you have a gun the can be concealed and you can shoot it well; go for it even if others don't agree.

Comment

I have three carry pieces, based on how I'm dressed.

Sig Sauer P290 is carried most. Very light, sub-compact easily concealed.

XDS in .45. Just a little bigger than the P290, with a bigger punch. I started carrying this once jacket weather started.

S&W Airweight in .38+P when it is summer. Can carry in the pocket without holster, no worries. Don't like to use a holster when it's 110-plus degrees out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad