Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrat Senator Diane Feinstein continues to misuse the words “assault weapon” to scare and confuse the people in this country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat Senator Diane Feinstein continues to misuse the words “assault weapon” to scare and confuse the people in this country

Democrat Senator Diane Feinstein continues to misuse the words “assault weapon” to scare and confuse the people in this country. Everyone on this website should know by now that Assault weapons are full automatic rifles and machine guns that continue to fire until the trigger is released. These guns have already been regulated. The guns on this congressional bill are the standard semi-automatic weapons that fire one round with each trigger pull. AmmoLand Shooting Sports News released a comprehensive list of firearms that they expect to be affected by Senator Diane Feinstein’s, ”civilian disarmament bill”. My first post shows Ammoland's list of firearms. My question is does anyone have comments on this bill or the guns listed inside my first post.?

They are as follows: Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93; Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, WUM; IZHMASH Saiga AK; MAADI AK47 and ARM; Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S; Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS; all AR types, including the following: AR–10, all AR–15 rifle variants, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15–T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR–70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R–15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR–15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 Rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT–9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub–2000, SU–16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR–48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M–14/20CF; All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1–C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

Pistols: All AK–47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK–47 pistol, HCR AK–47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK–47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK–47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol; All AR–15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP–9 and MP–45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB–10, TEC–22 Scorpion, TEC–9, and TEC–DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol; The following MAC types: MAC–10, MAC–11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M–11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre; All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5; All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.

Shotguns: Franchi LAW–12 and SPAS 12; All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP–01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12.

Comment

Politicians from both sides use scare tactics. It's our job to educate the electorate.

Comment

Dang! That looks like my Wish List, although I do not own any of that stuff (wink).

Comment

"...Politicians from both sides use scare tactics..."

What a profound statement from an esteemed "educator! (?) (self appointed no less! )

Care to enlighten us as to which are "scare tactics" and which are "real" threats, oh learned one?
          I suppose you'll leave that to your new colleague 1ojolsen!

Feinstein should just quit beating around the bush and spit it out!
          "BAN 'EM ALL!" It's what her and her lackeys aspire to.
          ....and Hoski and 1ojolsen want to give them just a taste of success, enhanced background checks and mag caps! SWEET!

Comment

Until fairly recently vendors and enthusiasts alike at the gun shows I attended didn't hesitate to call them "Assault Rifles." Suddenly these same folks decided it's now politically correct (politics = phony) to call them Modern Sporting Rifles.
            Anyway, it seems to me that it's silly to get all tangled up with nomenclature and petty semantics. We all know what they're talking about. There's more significant issues to deal with.

Comment

It is interesting that the media and the Democrat Party are joined at the hip on this issue. Anyone on this site knows that the media and the Democrat Party are repeating the same talking points and the same misrepresentations about firearms. The gun control issue is where I was able to first observe just how in the tank the media is. The run-up to the 94 ban even had the media showing Republicans talking about semi autos while CBS showed film clips of crew served, belt fed machine guns in the background destroying a target downrange. For you younger guys on this site, this isn't the only subject that they lie to you about.

Comment

Anything that can be used as a weapon can be used to assault someone... knife, crowbar, car, gun, baseball bat, the list can go on

Comment

OH, The public and the media needs to be spoon fed the correct wording. The masses of asses think assault weapons are full automatics used by the military. Go see for yourself, and asked some of your Canadians, who are not gun owners. Asked them, what is a assault weapon? I asked that question all the time to customers and friends. Even women in my own family answer the question incorrectly. The public are like clones programed by the media on the boob tube.

Comment

The public is very important because they are the ones who will telephone and write letters to their politicians in Congress. In these letters they redress their grievances against guns. The good politicians will take note of the complaints, that come into their office. Sometimes they will even draft a gun bill to please their constituents.

Comment

I wish our government would quit worrying about our God given rights and start worrying about the 16 (almost 17) trillion dollar debt that they put us in! I hope this bill does not pass. As soon as they take away our "assault rifles" they'll take our hunting rifles because some moron will start calling them "sniper" rifles.

Comment

I would like to see a list of the characteristics that will make the common hunting firerm a banned firearm. All I can hear is it must have one military characteristic but what specifically are they ?

Comment

I believe that the military characteristics referred to in New York's new assault weapon ban are:
                          a folding or telescopic stock
                          a bayonet mount
                          a flash suppressor or threaded barrel
                          a pistol grip
                          a grenade launcher.

Comment

My big thing is, what do those things do to criminals? I mean, how many people have been bayoneted (not in war) in the past 30 years? What is a folding stock going to do? In my opinion a fixed stock is better any ways. A flash suppressor? The only thing it does is stop muzzle flash so an enemy can't see you. Grenade launchers are already pretty much illegal. And a pistol grip? Why not use a thumbhole stock or on a shotgun just use the normal grip that most shotguns come with.

Comment

Crew-served, belt-fed machineguns? Ma Deuce is better than any of the male performance enhancing drugs! Rock and roll!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad