Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking to buy a 9mm semiauto pistol for general home defense and concealed carry. I'm looking to spend $600 or less. Also,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking to buy a 9mm semiauto pistol for general home defense and concealed carry. I'm looking to spend $600 or less. Also,

I am looking to buy a 9mm semiauto pistol for general home defense and concealed carry. I'm looking to spend $600 or less. Also, I'm left handed. What suggestions would yall have?

JMO~ Kel-Tec PF9/9mm or P11/9mm all under $380.00, No safeties, just a 8# Trigger Pull.
    www.kel-tec.com

Comment

Glock 19 or Glock 26

Comment

WALTHER PPQ! Trust me, you wont be disappointed.

Comment

I would agree with CL3 about checking them out and shooting them if you can. I am a big fan of Glock too.

Comment

I would buy a glock 17 or a Glock 22 The One fallback is there is no safety so u have to be careful

Comment

the safety for a Glock, as well as the PPQ, is on the trigger. So as long as you keep your finger off of it (which you should anyway) you will be fine.

Comment

If you are only going to have one 9mm for both carry and home defense. I would go with something that gives you a full size high cap mag option, along with a shortened compact mag option for carry. I personally would go with a subcompact springfield xd or xdm.

Comment

I have a Ruger SR9c why would recommend also. Also the XDm is an excellent choice both leaving you under the $500 mark.

Comment

Count another vote for the new Walther PPQ. It is especially user-friendly to left-handed shooters.

Comment

My suggestion would be to buy one quick and get ammo if you can.

Comment

Glock

Comment

Try out the Springfiel XDM. From what I have shot I like it more than the Glocks and more than a S&W I fired. It has a dual safety one in the trigger and one in the grip it also has features telling you if it is loaded. I have never had issues while firing. It also shoots decent groupings.

Comment

I like my Glock 22C in .40 for a carry gun. Uses 10 or 15 round mags.

Comment

I love my CZ PO7 duty compact. it has a Decocking lever, fits my hand, and carries nice.
                              However- If I were to buy a gun today it would be a glock 40 that can take a 9mm replacement barrel. I don't know the models that can but they are popular ones that are out there. In this case- You get two guns for the price of 1 plus a spare barrel whioch should be $100 or maybe a little more. 9mm less expensive to shoot, .40 is the standard for police and packs much punch.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad