Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be moving to Massachusetts for my job. I am wondering what the gun laws are like there. I am in the process of getting m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be moving to Massachusetts for my job. I am wondering what the gun laws are like there. I am in the process of getting m

I may be moving to Massachusetts for my job. I am wondering what the gun laws are like there. I am in the process of getting my NY state pistol permit, and own both rifles and shotguns. Is there anything I need to do for the long guns? and How easy is it to get a pistol permit in Mass.?

You have to do two things.
    1. Take a MA State Police approved gun safety course (around $100)
    2. Set up a meeting with your towns licensing officer at the police station to apply for the FID LTC class A or B (another $100)

You basically are submitting to a background check, get fingerprinted and entered into the criminal database.

I just got my class A LTC. It was easy besides for the cost. Also some towns are much harder and more discriminative in terms of who they will give a license to.

Hope this helps

Comment

YUK!

What you want to move dar 4!

Comment

Full time job with benefits wins over two part time jobs with no benefits. Thanks VT

Comment

I live in Massachusetts. I like it here. I have a class B LTC and I had no problem getting it or renewing it, aside for waiting for the bureaucrats to finish "processing" it. There is ammo on the shelves and game in the woods. West of Worcester (wormtown to those who avoid it's post industrial streets) suburbia thins out and there is deer, bear, turkey and rumors of catamounts. Western Mass can be as wild as anyplace in the Northeast, once you get off the highway. So good luck...

Comment

The only good thing about Mass. is that it's not to far away from Maine!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad