Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My apologize for wasting space on NY assault rifle ban. But now that the dust has settled some what. An aspect of this law has c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologize for wasting space on NY assault rifle ban. But now that the dust has settled some what. An aspect of this law has c

My apologize for wasting space on NY assault rifle ban. But now that the dust has settled some what. An aspect of this law has come to light. Something that would not have passed if it was proposed by it's self. All Psychologists, Teachers and Health Care Professionals are criminally liable if they fail to report a person that threatens harm. Living in a state where more teachers died at their desk than were let go for cause [it's true]. And psychiatrists that are little more than good listeners and pill pushers. With a Criminal Justice system and Parole Board that is more concerned with prison over crowding than keeping streets safe. This has started quite a out cry in the group that thinks a pistol grip is the Road to Perdition. Again my apologize but I had to share.

Good point Carl! Its the system that is broken.A quick fix is not likely. Govt always starts at the wrong end of the fix.

Comment

Not only that but what about those servicemen and women returning from overseas that are diagnosed with PTSD. We use the outdoors as a healing tool but now there is a risk that a soldier would be told they can't purchase a shotgun or ammo because they are on some watch list.

Comment

Former N.Y.C. Police Commissioner William Bratton notes that "all the studies done about assault weapons after the ban ended were pretty much inconclusive." He added that "People are out on the streets who should be in jail."
        He rejects the FBI's note in its "Uniform Crime Reports" that criminal homicide is largely a societal problem that is beyond the control of the police.
        Mr. Bratton thinks that the key is to give police the goal of preventing crime, not just responding to it. They need new strategies for policing, not new legislation.
        He believes that Stop-and-frisk" should be a central feature of policing. When police started arresting subway turnstile-jumpers, one in seven had an outstanding arrest warrant and one in 25 carried a gun.
        The gun reform that gets Mr. Bratton's blessing is what he calls "certainty of punishment" and stricter gun crime sentences.

Comment

Huber- To whom are you apologizing? Honk-Honk doesn't have to read anything he does not want to read, and I for one believe that every aspect of any "gun control law" should be an open topic for discussion. Ignorance of factual information is what makes the general public think that AR stands for assault rifle, and that all AR-15s and clones thereof are "machine guns".

Comment

P.S. In their haste to get the new "assault rifle" ban enacted, Gov. Cuomo and the N.Y. legislature did overlook exempting the police from the high-capacity magazine ban.
            So until that can be corrected, the cops will be the crooks, unless they reduce their firepower to seven rounds per magazine.
            The toxic mix of arrogance and ignorance produces strange results.

Comment

99 im sure since the criminals will be following the mag capacity law the police will not be at a disadvantage.

huber, what the hell are you apologizing for? jesus people this is a public forum post away. just because one disgruntled canadian has a stroke every time he sees a post relating to gun control doesnt mean you cant talk about it.

Comment

06 Not really apologizing. Most of the Anti Gun stuff was gone over and over. Just thought it was a good opening line and would lead into the rest of the story. It's advice my Uncle Joe gave to my wife. Men do not listen and only think of two things. The second is what's for dinner. So if you want him to listen. Do what they do on the TV News. Start with our 19 year old neighbor thinks your cute. But first let's talk about painting the kitchen ceiling.

Not to get off point though I do get some joy putting the ball back in the court of the pseudo intellectuals.

Comment

The background check to buy Ammo is going to be huge. I can't wait to see the people that won't be able to get shells the day before the season opens.

Comment

If I had to pick one thing I really dislike about this recent law. It is the inability to buy ammo on line. Takes the price competition out of the equation.

Comment

Carl

I don't think the dust has settled, YET!
                      Biden hasn't blessed Congress with his "symbolic" ideas.

Did anybody see where "gun grabbing" ex NOLA mayor Ray ""Chocolate City" Nagen has been brought up on Federal racketeering charges? Seems his "buddies" got lucrative contracts after Katrina and blessed Ray & family with bribes and kickbacks!

Comment

Another strategy introduced by William Bratton when he became N.Y.C. Police Commissioner was to instruct detectives to investigate all shootings as if they were murders. Police began questioning every person arrested with a gun about where, when and how it was obtained.
                        This led to further arrests and a drastic reduction in the number of gun-related crimes.

Comment

Yes FB the tide came in a little too far here on Long Island. My cousins house in Oceanside got about 4 feet of water. She had flood insurance with a premium at several hundred a month. Now they're telling her all the stuff that's not covered. Had she put the premium's in the bank she would be ahead. FEMA is another NOT A BIG HELP. I can hardly wait to see in a few years where where all these federal billions will wind up.

Comment

Yet another strike against the ban on high-capacity magazines:
                            According to Erick Erickson in Redstate.com, the nation's founders were revolutionaries who wrote the Second Amendment not just to enable Americans to ward off burglars, but to give them the ability to overthrow tyrannical governments.
                            "You may think a 30-round magazine is too big. Under the real purpose of the Second Amendment, a 30-round magazine might be too small."

Comment

99 You have a very good point. The Founding Fathers did not have a crystal ball. Rather they laid out a matrix to guarantee a good life. A just and fair government. That was imitated and envied by most of the world. The problem arises when people try to circumvent the order of things by using a tragic event to further their agenda and their own aspirations.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
                                Today, 01:18 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by crm3006
                                "I was chastised by 99explorer"

#1 Bubba, I was bitten by a mosquito a couple of days ago that bothered me a whole lot more than...
                                Today, 01:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X