Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In these questionable times of gun ownership. Maybe it is time for a "Palate Cleanser Trivia". What unintentional or unknown cha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In these questionable times of gun ownership. Maybe it is time for a "Palate Cleanser Trivia". What unintentional or unknown cha

In these questionable times of gun ownership. Maybe it is time for a "Palate Cleanser Trivia". What unintentional or unknown change actually improved firearm function, accuracy and reliability? I know you Ballistic Nerds are out there. I will post the easiest.

Lead Free Ammo. Allowed harder alloy bullets to be pushed at increased velocities with less terminal fragmentation.

Comment

The use of shooting sticks and range finders.

Comment

GCA'68 banned the importation of the German Walther PPK because of the short grip.
        Walther was compelled to substitute the Model PP frame on the PPK, thus lengthening the grip slightly and requiring the use of the longer PP magazine, with one additional round.
        The original short barrel and slide were retained.

Comment

Along the lines of your initial answer, steel shot has lead to huge advances in wads and chokes for better patterns, as well as higher velocity loads. Though the old timers would never admit it, I think shotguns have the potential now to be more effective than they ever were with lead.

Comment

Anyone have any idea of the original purpose of the bottleneck cartridge. I heard a rumour that the Russians were sold American rifles. But did not want to re barrel their rifles. Rather re-bored the chambers.

Comment

I've always understood that the purpose of the bottleneck cartridge was to enlarge the powder capacity without having to elongate the case.The story about the Russians seems improbable.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad