Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So,it looks like gun control legislation will be heading to Congress. It's not a done deal. I know even Senate Majority Leader H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Already have used the Ruger link and Buckey Firearms
    Association link. Next are phone calls.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sarge, sounds like we've got about the same impression there. Doubt I'll miss Rockefeller and not sure I trust Manchin anymore.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Contacted both Tom Cole (R) OK and Tom "Dr. No" Coburn (R) OK. Nothing but 2A support from my end.

Leave a comment:

• Dbetzner
    replied
    already have sent emails to those whom have a posted email address will be sending off a letter to the one that dosnt have one

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I used the Ruger link to contact them all but I will do it again. Obummer will be putting the pressure on Manchin to try to get him to turn on his fellow Mountaineers. If he does he will be history and I think he knows it, he is already trying to crawfish out of his position of limited gun control. Rockfellow said for a change that the problem was the mental illeness so I figure the President didn't go far enough for him on that issue today. The rest of our WV delegation I think knows where their bread is buttered.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    In fact, the president just this day called on congress to require universal background checks for all gun purchases, and a restoration of the Clinton ban on "assault rifles" and high-capacity magazines.
    Congressional staffers will be assigned to perform the actual legislative draftsmanship.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The president sends a bill to congress in the sense that he proposes legislation to be formally introduced by a member of congress, usually chosen from his own party.
    The jobs bill (American Jobs Act of 2011) was sent to congress by Pres. Obama in September of last year.
    We're dealing with semantics here.

Leave a comment:

replied
    used the Ruger link i posted earlier to do it but i will be contacting my reps on a weekly basis.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Aid = said.

Must be a bit of liberalism working its way out.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    The OP never aid anything resembling a reference to the POTUS.

Leave a comment:

replied
    capitol office building phone # - 202-224-3121, ask for your particular representative's office.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Already called Manchin today, Rockefeller is a waste of time as he's probably telling Biden he didn't go far enough, no need to bother Capito, she's usually pretty solid.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Legislation can only "originate" in Congress. Check your Constitution. No president has ever introduced a piece of legislation in Congress. Unless he is invited, a president cannot even attend a Congressional session (exception being the State of the Union Address which may technically be by invitation anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Is anyone else amazed that none of these proponents of a ban on high capacity magazines have no concept of the In-battery reload. They cling to the idea that an unarmed school employee can jump the shooter during a magazine change. Now take the century old 1911 with it's Cuomo-approved 7-rd. mag. I load my mag and rack one into the chamber, then fire six and reload with a fresh mag with one still in the chamber that can be fired if needed during the second of time it takes to reload a fresh mag. The gun or how many rounds it is loaded with is not the problem. Keeping the violent village idiot in the basement wondering when he will snap is the problem. Advertising schools as gun-free zones is the problem. The war on drugs hasn't kept drugs off the streets and a war on guns will not keep guns out of the hands of crazies and criminals.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Proposed gun control legislation does "head to" congress when it originates in the White House.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad