Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So,it looks like gun control legislation will be heading to Congress. It's not a done deal. I know even Senate Majority Leader H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So,it looks like gun control legislation will be heading to Congress. It's not a done deal. I know even Senate Majority Leader H

So,it looks like gun control legislation will be heading to Congress. It's not a done deal. I know even Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has to be careful about supporting gun control. He can easily loose his seat in pro gun Nevada. My question: How many of you will be contacting your Representative and Senator? How many of you will just take your chances that legislation will die in Congressional deadlock?

Letters will be sent, and calls will be made. Not gonna stand by and pray like we made the mistake in NY

Comment

Proposed gun control legislation does not "head to" Congress. It must come from it.

Comment

Already doing it. And am also encouraging gun-owning friends and acquaintances to join an organized group that supports the 2nd Amendment.

Sorry to say, but even a couple of my extended family members don't support (through membership) any pro-2nd Amendment group.

The latest (and lamest) excuse one of my brother-in-laws gave me why he is not a member was this: "I'm not going to join because then they will have me on a list to be watched." This same fellow has been buying AR parts over the internet for several years and building his own rifles with assembled parts! I told him that joining a club at this point will not get you on any list that you are not already on!

The real reasons many gun owners don't join pro-2nd Amendment groups is that they don't take our rights seriously or think these rights can be jeopordized by politics, and that they are just too darn cheap to join. These people have been enjoying a free ride for long enough.

If our 2nd Amendment Rights are lost, the rest of our rights may soon follow. It's time to get very serious about protecting our freedom. Apathy eventually equals oppression. New York state, anyone?

Comment

You can contact your Senator or Representative by email very easily. Just google: "Contact Sen.______ (Name)" and follow the prompts.
          Without necessarily getting into specifics, just say you are opposed to any further gun control initiatives from the federal government.

Comment

Proposed gun control legislation does "head to" congress when it originates in the White House.

Comment

Is anyone else amazed that none of these proponents of a ban on high capacity magazines have no concept of the In-battery reload. They cling to the idea that an unarmed school employee can jump the shooter during a magazine change. Now take the century old 1911 with it's Cuomo-approved 7-rd. mag. I load my mag and rack one into the chamber, then fire six and reload with a fresh mag with one still in the chamber that can be fired if needed during the second of time it takes to reload a fresh mag. The gun or how many rounds it is loaded with is not the problem. Keeping the violent village idiot in the basement wondering when he will snap is the problem. Advertising schools as gun-free zones is the problem. The war on drugs hasn't kept drugs off the streets and a war on guns will not keep guns out of the hands of crazies and criminals.

Comment

Legislation can only "originate" in Congress. Check your Constitution. No president has ever introduced a piece of legislation in Congress. Unless he is invited, a president cannot even attend a Congressional session (exception being the State of the Union Address which may technically be by invitation anyway).

Comment

Already called Manchin today, Rockefeller is a waste of time as he's probably telling Biden he didn't go far enough, no need to bother Capito, she's usually pretty solid.

Comment

capitol office building phone # - 202-224-3121, ask for your particular representative's office.

Comment

The OP never aid anything resembling a reference to the POTUS.

Comment

Aid = said.

Must be a bit of liberalism working its way out.

Comment

used the Ruger link i posted earlier to do it but i will be contacting my reps on a weekly basis.

Comment

The president sends a bill to congress in the sense that he proposes legislation to be formally introduced by a member of congress, usually chosen from his own party.
                            The jobs bill (American Jobs Act of 2011) was sent to congress by Pres. Obama in September of last year.
                            We're dealing with semantics here.

Comment

In fact, the president just this day called on congress to require universal background checks for all gun purchases, and a restoration of the Clinton ban on "assault rifles" and high-capacity magazines.
                              Congressional staffers will be assigned to perform the actual legislative draftsmanship.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Presidential Debate
                                by crm3006
                                Just a heads up, bandicoot. creepy joe's handlers are well capable of canceling the debate on the day it is scheduled. Nothing is too lowlife for dem...
                                Today, 01:10 PM
                              • Presidential Debate
                                by jhjimbo
                                Mark your calendar, Tuesday, 29th from The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio. Sleepy Joe and Donald Trump. Get your popcorn ready for the show.
                                09-24-2020, 08:40 AM
                              • Reply to The Horse Race
                                by crm3006
                                BH75R: " Is there anything that turkey will not believe from yahoo ?"

I don't think there is a lie outrageous enough that the bandicoot...
                                Today, 12:58 PM
                              • The Horse Race
                                by rock rat
                                There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
                                Yesterday, 09:43 AM
                              • Reply to How Do They
                                by crm3006
                                jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots"...
                                Today, 12:46 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X