Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I just read the 23 points Obama laid out for gun control. I may have missread this but doesn't look as if he is using this Ma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I just read the 23 points Obama laid out for gun control. I may have missread this but doesn't look as if he is using this Ma

Ok I just read the 23 points Obama laid out for gun control. I may have missread this but doesn't look as if he is using this Massacre to further promote and fund his Affordable Care Act A.K.A. Obamacare? What a sick pathetic individual! I hope all you that voted for him are proud of your King Barry!

Head and shoulders above the other choice.
    (but you expected me to say that)

Comment

I wouldn't expect anything less Hoski! At least your man enough to admit it. Until the next disagreement! Have a good week.

Comment

Where did you get those 23 points? I'd like to take a look.

Comment

I read them, possibly one of the most scary is "researching new gun safety technologies" and " encouraging the private sector to utilize them". I'm not so sure that Obamas' idea of "encouraging" isn't more along the lines of a mandate.

I read another article on fox that said personal sales between too individuals would have to go through a background check as well. What a pain in the a$$ that would be.

In a country like we live in why is it fine for one man to have this much power? You know with executive orders.

Comment

I do not know that much about American politics, so I usually try to stay out of political discussions. However I do want to say this: Having grown up in countries outside the United States of America, I believe that the American political system is so much better than almost every one of the other governments I've been exposed to. I will admit, for the most part, I am highly ignorant when it comes to American politics. However, I must say this: My grandfather would not be alive today if it weren't for 'Obamacare'... I am to young to vote, (17) and way to uneducated on current political issues to be able to vote responsibly. That said, I would like to encourage the entire U.S. population to stop viewing it as if there are only two candidates for Presidency. There are such things as third parties. I believe it is time to break the Republican/Democrat rule of America, and get back to the core values our country was established on.

Ok, now that I've gotten that off my chest, we can return to the topic at hand...

Comment

Hoski, my friend, at least you are consistent! LOL

Comment

I just read that 23 points are estimated to cost $500 million. Every idea that comes out of this White House has a lofty price tag, including those million dollar Hawaiian vacations.

Comment

Got to ditto Hoski on this one

Comment

I certainly didn't come away with that after reading the 23 points. Eye of the beholder I guess, viewed with a tinted lense.
                    The full list of executive actions provided by the White House includes:
                    Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
                    Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
                    Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
                    Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
                    Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
                    Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
                    Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
                    Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
                    Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
                    Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
                    Nominate an ATF director.
                    Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
                    Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
                    Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
                    Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
                    Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
                    Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
                    Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
                    Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
                    Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
                    Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
                    Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
                    Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Comment

1ojolsen

Think again!
                      Two points fly directly in the face of "doctor/patient" confidentiality!
                      Your "gun collection" has absolutely no bearing on treating your illness!
                      Next, get sick, go to the doctor! You're sick, achy, feverish and feeling like hammered cat hockey! The doctor, who only sees you when your sick, steps on your proverbial "toes" asking about your "guns". With a sneer, you innocently say, "Come by sometime and I'll show you one!"
                      The doctor is now obligated to turn you in to law enforcement. They come to check the doctor's report, you, still sick and perturbed, slam the door in their "collective" faces.
                      NOW, you're gonna be raided, confiscated and declared mentally unfit for firearm ownership on the Federal level!
                      Hypothetical? Yes!
                      Possible? Yep! With these new rules, without a doubt!

Comment

They just ask if they are safely stored away from your kids. There is no reporting being done by the doctor. There is no mandate to answer the question. You are paranoid man, breath deeply.

Comment

Just say "no" to quacks

Comment

i didnt really read anything where he actually limited weapons, all this was was barry trying to come off as the front runner for the new war on guns. and having those kids up on stage with him? sickening. it sends the message that if you dont support gun control you hate kids.

Comment

A doctor should not ask about firearms there is no need, just like there is no need to ask if you have a swimming pool or dangerous household chemicals. A doctor or nurse should assume there is, and then give the proper warnings and precautions, Why ask " do you have?'' when they can say: ''If you do, please do thus and so.'' Wanting to know and writing in a chart is wrong, wrong, and wrong, and serves no one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad