Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first of the New York legal gun owners whose names and addresses were published by a screw-ball liberal anti-gun newspaper h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have a lifetime license in N.Y. but i think i am going to hunt else where.
    N.Y. has so many people getting something from the government they will never reverse their decline. That is exactly what is happening to the nation - remember the 47% ? They vote, and every 4 years they will vote themselves a pay(Welfare) raise. No conservative will ever win again unless he is a bigger santa clause than the liberal opponent.
    Once N.Y. gets the assault rifles registered, they will come around and collect them. Just like they did in the '60's in New York City.

Leave a comment:

• hengst
    replied
    Boycott New York.

The political environment in the majority of the original 13 colonies is appalling, they should be ashamed.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    So, is it safe to assume that the manufacturers are tooling up to make NY approved ARs that will have thumbhole stock, crowned barrel and lots of picatinny rail that will mount lots of 7-rd magazine holders. And they will be bought as fast as they hit stores. Then Mr. Cuomo will learn the hard lesson that the same number of unprotected helpless school kids can be killed with three 7-rd mags as with one 20-rd mag. The type of gun is not the problem. The lack of security at schools sitting in "gun-free zones" is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I haven't read the fine print, but it is remotely possible that the new definition of high-capacity magazines would be applicable only to rifles, but I think that is too much to hope for.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    P.S. It is believed that Gov. Cuomo rushed the law through for political gain, in order to be the FIRST IN THE NATION. He waived the three-day public hearing period required by the state constitution, and announced the new law amid great fanfare.
    It is expected to be challenged in the courts.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The new law, just signed by the Governor, requires mental health professionals to report patients to the police for expressing an intent to do violence with a firearm.
    It also redefines "assault weapon" as a semi-automatic rifle that has any ONE of four cosmetic features: a folding stock, a pistol grip, a flash suppressor or a bayonet stud. Owners of such weapons may keep them, but must register them with the police within one year.
    Future sales of such assault rifles are prohibited.
    I don't know the status of non-resident hunters using semi-automatic rifles, but it would seem to be okay if the rifle has none of the four taboo features. JMO.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    99explorer
    Nothing in the proposed rules about mental health - or lack thereof ?
    I go to N.Y. to hunt deer, is a semi auto rifle still o.k.?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I should add that the new law also requires sellers of ammunition to register with the state, and do a background check on all purchasers of ammunition.
    Owners of high-capacity magazines would have one year to dispose of them out of state. WOW!
    Almost all of the modern semi-auto pistols have high-capacity magazines under the new definition.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I just read that the New York State definition of a high-capacity magazine is now one holding more than seven rounds. Previously, it was ten rounds.
    This is a new law about to be signed by Gov. Cuomo, and would criminalize the possession of a loaded eight-round magazine for a pistol. Colt 1911 owners would be okay, but pity the Browning Hi-power and Beretta M92 owners.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    New York the safest City and State in the country! You guys got to sleep in the bed you made! Even if the rapist with a gun is laying with you.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Wow! A required background check and electronic data base for all ammunition purchases? Now when you are pulled over for speeding the assumption will be made that you are armed and dangerous or if your crazy ex-wife wants to file bogus charges for assault, which is not uncommon in dirty divorces, you will again be assumed armed and dangerous. I will assume this data base will be public and available to potential employers, the media and so forth.

I had hoped I would never see anything like this in my lifetime. The Second Amendment aside, this steps on a persons fundamental right to living a normal everyday life.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I read recently that someone posted the names and addresses of that newspaper's executives and employees on the internet. Now they are being harassed with calls and letters at home, and have had to hire private security officers.
    Isn't that just awful?:-)

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Why in God's name would the stupid New York Politicians want names and addresses of gun owners, posted in the newspapers?
    Most thieves who commit robberies on homes, target guns, cash and jewelry.
    The newspapers just gave all the hoodlums work orders of houses to target.
    If the crooks are successful, now those legally owned guns are on the New York streets to kill and to be used in other crimes. Like Forrest Gump says in the movie, "Stupid is Stupid Does."

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    I was born and raised on Long Island, and things have definitely changed over the years. It seems like when I was young, everyone hunted. Now, were a minority. I overheard a Mom at a girls softball game say something like Only crack dealers, and crack pots have guns. I smiled, and told her storm troopers, and Tyrants have them too. She didn't get it. Like most of the state. They take freedom for granted.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Giannino
    replied
    I love NY, NY dont love me, Im sad to say after living my whole life here, with the new gun laws passed last night when I graduate from my Adirondack College I will leave this state, if It doesnt welcome ALL my rights, then Im not welcome in it. Me and my Mini-14, AR-15 and high capacity Mags will have to find a new place to call home. But I always have my lifetime resident hunting and fishing licenses, for bow, rifle, and muzzleloader, so I can come back and enjoy the deer hunting and turkey hunting when ever I want.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad