Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been looking at getting one of the auto progressive (rifle & pistol) reloaders. I have my choices down to RCBS or Hornady.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been looking at getting one of the auto progressive (rifle & pistol) reloaders. I have my choices down to RCBS or Hornady.

I've been looking at getting one of the auto progressive (rifle & pistol) reloaders. I have my choices down to RCBS or Hornady. Anybody have any experience with either one? If so, what is the good and bad.

Auto progressive is very luring, however if you really like to tweak and make your own cartridges like I do, I prefer the RCBS 9356 - ROCK CHUCKER SUPREME PRESS hands down over the rest!

I can do more with my single stage RCBS Rock Chucker than any other presses except the 50BMG!

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/MainServlet?storeId=webconnect&catalogId=webconnec t&langId=en_US&action=ProductDisplay&screenlabel=i ndex&productId=2842&route=C04J146

Nothing pisses off Civilians more at a NRA High Power Match when an Active Duty Air Force Maintenance NCO (NON-COMBAT) walks up to the firing and cleans there clock with a ½ way worn out M1 Garand and Ultra Match M1A both with open sights shooting his own ammo!

There’s something special in those Hornady Match bullets that I find superior over the Berger’s and Sierras!

You can put allot of “TLC” in a cartridge using a single stage!

Comment

I've been using a single stage RCBS Rockchucker for about 40 years and it has done everything I needed. A couple of years ago, I finally wore out the dead primer catcher (plastic). I called them and they sent me a new one with a smile. They are guaranteed for life. I'm with Clay on the fact that I can finese loads more with a single stage... If I were loading a lot of highly accurate rifle loads, I would save the extra money for an electronic powder measure (RCBS) to speed the process. If you are loading tons of pistol ammo, then the progressive is worth it. I just don't like to throw rifle loads with a volumetric measure... they are not accurate enough with most extruded cylindrical powders.

Comment

DakotaMan is dead on!

Comment

Check out my message board post "I love Hornady". I'm still lovin' 'em!

Comment

Jay, if you are still interested I have an RCBS 2000 Progressive I'd like to sell - [email protected]

Comment

Agreed with DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad