Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you find it easier to but ammo in bulk? if you store it right it will last pretty much forever but it could be a lot of money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    Although it will last longer and is a better price per bullet, it all depends if I have the money to buy in bulk. If I do, I will. But if I am trying new loads, I don't buy in bulk because I am not sure if I like the load... so why buy 500 of them before I know if I like it or not...?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    Buying in bulk is good. My HK with the fluted chamber butchered my brass, so I bought a bunch of FN NATO surplus. They were in 200 round "battle packs" of impervious plastic. They were berdan, so a pain to try to reload, but I couldn't reload much of the HK stuff anyway, and I got them at a decent price. Those packs have a long, long shelf life. Even after they were stored 30 years before I bought them.

Other stuff I put in (newer) .50 cal. ammo cans with a big renewable desi-bag. (Its the kind you pull out every year and bake for a while to renew). I have ammo that's fine after 20 years stored like that.

Leave a comment:

• Armchair Mike
    replied
    Buy as much as you can afford, and then shoot as much as you can stand. If you have 1,000 or so rounds lying around, you will shoot more, and that's always good. Besides, the way ammunition prices are increasing, it's a better investment than the stock market.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsman Matt
    replied
    I always try to buy in bulk, but problem has been when I have the extra ammo, I end up at the range using it. So I never have a bulk surplus. But I have found that buying in bulk will save you money, one club I belonged to did that about 15 years ago, bought a couple skids of Remington 12GA 2 3/4" #8 Target Loads for about 3/4 the price. Sold them to the members at cost, limit was 4 cases per member at the time. If I remember right, a case was under $20.00 each from the club, and to buy it at Walmart, it would cost $28.00 a case. Only problem was we were only able to do it once, mainly because of new regulations on ammunition storage and the passage of the Assault Weapons Bill, which fortunately was not signed back into law.

Leave a comment:

• Southtexan
    replied
    I just buy my ammo whenever I need it. And keep a few boxes stashed away.

Leave a comment:

• Pistolhunter
    replied
    Get reloading equipment, load as you need for your most used caliber, its even cheaper than bulk ammo,a fun hobby,and when ammo may get hard to buy if politics comes to play ,you can keep playing if you buy bulk reloading componants

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Keeping your ammo coola dndry will out last you. If you can buy bulk, do it, you think the price is costly now just wait!

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    Look for deals and coupons. My stepfather buys from Gander Mountain alot and when he gets his rewards like a % off thats when he will buy his ammo in bulk because it is on sale and then he gets his coupon. Sometimes he gets ammo for next to nothing.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    buy in bulk. it will last forever and when you cant get ammo anymore you will still have some.

Leave a comment:

• do you find it easier to but ammo in bulk? if you store it right it will last pretty much forever but it could be a lot of money

do you find it easier to but ammo in bulk? if you store it right it will last pretty much forever but it could be a lot of money to throw down at once

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad