No announcement yet.

Should I start stocking up on ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been in Michigan. I also have been in Florida a little too.

And I have been spending money on new guns and not ammo. Its time for ammo now. Plus I can't buy it without a person older then 18.

Comment

I have not been able to find much handgun ammo in NC, SC and the two places I went in Houston, TX earlier this month. I don't think this will continue forever. Right now we are all reacting to the swarm created by the election. I've got enough ammo for my deer rifles to last a long time and plenty of arrows. I stopped going to the range so I can hold on to the 500-600 FMJ's I've got left in 9mm.

Comment

if you reload own ammo, buy cartridges and all the ingredients in bulk. buy a lot of it.

Comment

Obama doesn't want to take away our weapons, just assualt weapons from unstable. It's all hype. While it's always good to have a large supply, if we all go out and buy it all, it will give Obama the message that we shouldn't be trusted. You don't need 3,000 bullets.

Comment

While I am not particularly worried about the feds taking my guns away, I have always thought it prudent to keep a stock and rotate it for any calibers I shoot. I would suggest that Blackpowder offers the remedy for bare shelf syndrome, casting bullets is kinda fun. Of course If you don't have access to powder, pyrodex or 777 you are still up the creek....but the bullets you can make just like yer great grandpappy.

Comment

i haven't seen any shortage of ammo while granted i buy most every thing from gander mountin but i always have a few hunderd shotgun shells and a few thousand 22. shells around

Comment

Only if you feel like paying more for it than you should while prices are sky high. Conserve while the panic lasts.

Comment

Not unless you want to go to prison... if this plays out similar to previous CHANGES that occured in countries like GERMANY, the government will make it illegal to own ammo... first they might make you bring in your ammo hord and get the bullets stamped as OK (like the state of ILLINOIS). Then they might limit the amount of ammo you can OWN. Then they might show up on your door step to search your house. THEN they might haul you off to create a fear of reprisal among society... sound familiar... check out a history book on good societies gone bad and brace for CHANGE.

Comment

i have not seen any shortages of ammo here in minnesota but hopefully they dont do anything to serious

Comment

its sad but yes, its tough living in a hippie/comunist world.

Comment

Sure why not. Just in case.

Comment

yes, all you can find

Comment

I don't think Obama will do much against gun owners for now. Just to clarify, I DO NOT support him in any way, nor do I agree with any of his policies. His popularity has fallen too low for him to make such a drastic move. If he did that, he would most likely loose a lot of democratic Congress seats, which he does not want to do. If he were to make a move, it would most likely be in the last 2 years of his administration.

Comment

stocking up may get the message across to mr.obama to just walk away from it!

Comment

i like to buy some ammo everytime i go to the store of various calibers

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad